NFL Draft GDT (NO SPOILERS!!))

Forge

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

Niners are much more comfortable with the state of their O-line than I thought

I hoped we would take a developmental tackle to start grooming for the future behind Williams but i can see that being our priority next year. Inside i felt we where pretty set and i think a guy like Zakelj who we haven't seen is ready to take over that Brunskill role in the eyes of the staff. 

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Day 2 was a car crash, Day 3 was fine.

The only pick that was truly egregious was latu. At least there was some logic to the Moody pick, I just think it's bad process. 

Latu pick felt like a team that freaked out over the number of tight ends going on day 2 and had to get the guy they liked 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The only pick that was truly egregious was latu. At least there was some logic to the Moody pick, I just think it's bad process. 

Latu pick felt like a team that freaked out over the number of tight ends going on day 2 and had to get the guy they liked 

Yeah i can hate the Moody pick for value but if he is a Gould like kicker no one will ever complain we took him where we did. Latu is just a headscratcher after a run on TE's especially when you look at how the rest basically went where most had them ranked or in some cases even later.

• Like 2

So instead of a late round/UDFA RB outperforming a 3rd round RB....it'll be the TE instead?

Day 3 seems like it could have some solid players, from what i've been reading. Hopefully we found some good starters/depth pieces

Little surprised we didn't target a QB, RB or OL. Hope we get some good prospects there in UDFA

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I really like Willis

Willis seems tailor made for the role that Jordan Reed had two years ago. That can be a very valuable roster spot if he takes it up and plays like Reed did. Loved Ronnie Bell. Tough as nails. Runs solid routes. Reliable hands. Blocks for you. Seems like a quality fit for the bigger slot role held by Jennings and Kendrick Bourne (he’s a touch short for this, but whatever, it isn’t like we use the height for much). Really liked Winters. We’ve done great with UDFA LBs, so I’d have looked at other positions, but he’s worth a pick for me. Could definitely nail down a roster spot even with the good options that we have. Really liked Luter. Scrappy, 6 foot ish guy who can play some scheme versatile outside corner. Beal is a flyer of their tweener DE preference. Those sort of dudes flew off the board. Have to feel he’s a bit of a fallback, but he’s got a lot of physical gifts. I don’t know enough about Graham to have a take on him. But they took players that I thought were solidly draftable and rosterable with some actual upside today. I’ll take it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

He can't catch a cold. He was at UGA for years and just couldn't put it together.

He was okay last year in that regard, I thought . Good athletic traits, but his age would have kept me from taking him before round 6 or so

I think Kuntz would have been more interesting too. I guess with Latu there has to be so,e intangible quality they love. I know he won the Mackey? Like Dwelley and Woener are not great backups but they’re passable as a platoon, what does Latu do better?? Or even some random vet still on free agency. Cent hit them all and this feels like a miss. But hey, this FO has a ton of late round hits so who knows