🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m confused cause we practice get offs with a ball on a stick. I can’t imagine how he looks during that drill and why hasn’t anyone said anything since he started college. 

This is what I’m thinking. He’s been playing football for how many years and he doesn’t understand how to get off the ball? Makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This is what I’m thinking. He’s been playing football for how many years and he doesn’t understand how to get off the ball? Makes no sense. 

Kinda looks like it’s not easy for him to get up from his 3/4 point stance. Wonder if he’s quicker in a 2point stance

If you compare the clips of the broncos game and the pre-season game against the cowboys with the clips from college I would asume that there's still an aftermath of his injury and he is by far not in his best shape right now.

I don't think that he had played a significant amount of snaps, if the Chandler Jones incident didn't happen.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I’m the goat little boy 

yo mama loves me

what if Wilson kills 20 people tomorrow and Jimmy leads us to 5 straight super bowls

you a homebody Jerry, get rid of the Dc shrine stop worshipping bums and live yo life

You're either 14 years old, or you've done jail time.  You write like you never received a high school education.

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I actually have a masters degree and I’m currently in a PhD program. I just love to get under your skin. 

You really don't.  I just imagine you as the short guy from the Cleveland Show.

What are you getting your PhD in?  I'm currently working on my masters degree right now.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This thread is not going to age well for a lot of you.

I actually liked Wilson more than most, but it's because I saw the projection with him. HIs tools and athleticism are very rare. He needs a lot of coaching but he's built like an alien. Rob Leonard is a good DL coach. Hoping he can help Wilson turn the corner. Honestly I think Tyree's best ball will be in year 3 and beyond. He needs time to get even bigger/stronger with his frame and hone his technique. That being said, I want to see progress sooner than later.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Worries me. 

Not a risk I would've taken in the first. That's what day 3 is for. Unless dude was considered the second coming of Reggie White or something, why spend a first on someone who needs that much work to reach the baseline? He wasn't that kind of prospect. 

Maybe all 32 teams had him as a top 10 pick. Just means 32 teams would've been wrong in that analysis. Redrafts in a couple of years are probably gonna have him all the way out of day 1. 

This isn't even a McZeigler bash, it's something their predecessors did as well- but man I wish we would just use a 1st round pick on something other than a multi-year project for once. It's been a while. Wanna stash projects from round 3-7? Go for it. Load up 9ers style. But for the love of all that is holy, stop using 1sts on guys not expected to produce at a high level for 2-3 years. 

The problem with the pick is that he's a top 10 pick we almost immediately had to assure wasn't walking in as a starter, that was injured, that needed a lot of work, and that wasn't expected to produce much. That's a lot. That's not "top 10" pick on a bad team. A good team that holds a top 10 pick due to a trade that can afford to stash him and bring him on slowly? Sure. But us? 

Beyond the player, the logic perplexes me. When we drafted Cle, I hammered hard for Josh Allen (the LB) and I recall a few wanting Brian Burns. Scheme fit was the excuse- but good coaches coach guys and tailor schemes, and what if the scheme changes a year later anyway? With Wilson being the clear project he is, is he even really a ready-to-play scheme fit? What if Graham is fired? What if Graham does a fantastic overall job and gets a HC spot and another guy brings in his scheme? Again, take that guy in round 3 all day long, but not round 1 where you clearly have a need that doesn't need to fester for 2 or 3 years while a guy gets up to.....um.....speed? Lol. 

Heck, I'll even try to defend the pick by saying there's no way McZeigler would've drafted him had they seen him look as bad as he did on Sunday. I don't think anyone would have. That was rough. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Worries me. 

Not a risk I would've taken in the first. That's what day 3 is for. Unless dude was considered the second coming of Reggie White or something, why spend a first on someone who needs that much work to reach the baseline? He wasn't that kind of prospect. 

Maybe all 32 teams had him as a top 10 pick. Just means 32 teams would've been wrong in that analysis. Redrafts in a couple of years are probably gonna have him all the way out of day 1. 

This isn't even a McZeigler bash, it's something their predecessors did as well- but man I wish we would just use a 1st round pick on something other than a multi-year project for once. It's been a while. Wanna stash projects from round 3-7? Go for it. Load up 9ers style. But for the love of all that is holy, stop using 1sts on guys not expected to produce at a high level for 2-3 years. 

The problem with the pick is that he's a top 10 pick we almost immediately had to assure wasn't walking in as a starter, that was injured, that needed a lot of work, and that wasn't expected to produce much. That's a lot. That's not "top 10" pick on a bad team. A good team that holds a top 10 pick due to a trade that can afford to stash him and bring him on slowly? Sure. But us? 

Beyond the player, the logic perplexes me. When we drafted Cle, I hammered hard for Josh Allen (the LB) and I recall a few wanting Brian Burns. Scheme fit was the excuse- but good coaches coach guys and tailor schemes, and what if the scheme changes a year later anyway? With Wilson being the clear project he is, is he even really a ready-to-play scheme fit? What if Graham is fired? What if Graham does a fantastic overall job and gets a HC spot and another guy brings in his scheme? Again, take that guy in round 3 all day long, but not round 1 where you clearly have a need that doesn't need to fester for 2 or 3 years while a guy gets up to.....um.....speed? Lol. 

Heck, I'll even try to defend the pick by saying there's no way McZeigler would've drafted him had they seen him look as bad as he did on Sunday. I don't think anyone would have. That was rough. 

I don’t get the sensitivity for j-z 

we got on grudock too

and Reggie before him

team over everything I never get so attached to a player or coach and take everything so sensitive.

if someone lies call them out but we can’t ignore what our eyes are seeing and it’s unanimous except for a couple head in the sands

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I actually liked Wilson more than most, but it's because I saw the projection with him. HIs tools and athleticism are very rare. He needs a lot of coaching but he's built like an alien. Rob Leonard is a good DL coach. Hoping he can help Wilson turn the corner. Honestly I think Tyree's best ball will be in year 3 and beyond. He needs time to get even bigger/stronger with his frame and hone his technique. That being said, I want to see progress sooner than later.

Thing is we need him to be something during his rookie cheap years so we can take advantage financially. Plus only guy that got resigned and still here is hunter and maxx. Both who have been very productive since rookies. If he’s not productive till year 3 he’s prolly not getting resigned and it was a loss.

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Same was said in the leatherwood thread…

Bro.  We really suck at drafting.  I wonder what good drafting even looks like.  Could you imagine if we picked Crosby in the first and Renfrow in the second?  Everyone would've thought we were crazy, but we'd be all laughing in people's faces about how we know how to draft and find diamonds in the rough.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Thing is we need him to be something during his rookie cheap years so we can take advantage financially. Plus only guy that got resigned and still here is hunter and maxx. Both who have been very productive since rookies. If he’s not productive till year 3 he’s prolly not getting resigned and it was a loss.

Don't disagree with the rookie deal structure, hence why Carter is such a steal, but we can't rush the development of players.

29 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Bro.  We really suck at drafting.  I wonder what good drafting even looks like.  Could you imagine if we picked Crosby in the first and Renfrow in the second?  Everyone would've thought we were crazy, but we'd be all laughing in people's faces about how we know how to draft and find diamonds in the rough.

That’s why draft projection isn’t the end all for me. Don’t get me started on missed prospects lol…knock on wood my mocks have been money last 5 years.

• Like 1