🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Chargers was easily his best game. Looks more comfortable out there and not playing like a robot. 

And he disengaged a couple times which he’s not been doing and I saw a counter move on one play as well. Looks like he’s getting comfortable with the speed of the game to me.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 7:05 AM, BackinBlack said:

Obviously he has been bad, but the first snap on 3rd down on Buff, he forces Allen out of the pocket and we get the stop.
Is this deemed not a pressure cause it took to long, so more of a coverage win? 
or because Butler is closest?

not arguing that he hasnt been bad, just genuinly curious if win rate has to be under like 4 seconds or something. 

also, the fact that his best highlight is like a 5 second rush is proof in itself. 

This missed tackle on Cook was awful at 2:15 of that clip.

In the Bills game it kinda seemed like Wilson has no pass rush moves? He needs to work with Crosby on swim moves, a spin move, or something. Every pass rush he just runs straight into the offensive tackle (who is larger than him) and he thinks he's going to bull rush them back into the QB but he's not getting anywhere. If he learns to mix up his technique instead of just doing the "hey i'm going to run straight into you with no creativity" he's going to have a hard time making any plays.

I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the year to see if I notice him using any new moves.

• Like 2

no offseason hurts, especially when youre really raw, add in the fact he was thrown to the wolves due to Jones situation. He was bound to start slow. Lets hope he can stack positive weeks, hell be a differenct player in November, December etc. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

In the Bills game it kinda seemed like Wilson has no pass rush moves? He needs to work with Crosby on swim moves, a spin move, or something. Every pass rush he just runs straight into the offensive tackle (who is larger than him) and he thinks he's going to bull rush them back into the QB but he's not getting anywhere. If he learns to mix up his technique instead of just doing the "hey i'm going to run straight into you with no creativity" he's going to have a hard time making any plays.

I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the year to see if I notice him using any new moves.

Give him a healthy offseason with maxx 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

For sure. I guess I was just a little surprised no one has talked to him yet about working on some pass rush moves. Guess they are sticking with the basics for now.

Supposedly maxx has been working overtime with Wilson esp this past week. It showed yesterday 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

Yeh, he doesn’t have a pass rush plan at all does he? Mind, if he does develop a spin move back inside that could be lethal, he bull rushes a few times straight into the tackle then when he’s set him up and the tackle sets thinking he’s just going to do the same and just as he contacts spins inside…….. I saw Chandler Jones do a double spin move last year so it’s such a shame he can’t sponge off him too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, he doesn’t have a pass rush plan at all does he? Mind, if he does develop a spin move back inside that could be lethal, he bull rushes a few times straight into the tackle then when he’s set him up and the tackle sets thinking he’s just going to do the same and just as he contacts spins inside…….. I saw Chandler Jones do a double spin move last year so it’s such a shame he can’t sponge off him too.

Also needs to be aware of chips Keenan Allen put him on his back one play. Crazy how that didn’t get a flag but meyers downfield block did

Bottom 7:
1. Pat Jones II MIN 28.8
2. Jihad Ward NYG 30.4
3. Tyree Wilson LV 37.7
4. Rasheem Green CHI 43.1
5a. Yannick Ngakoue CHI 44.1
5b. Michael Hoecht LAR 44.1
5c. Dominique Robinson CHI 44.1

PFF Edge Defender’s. Tyree has been bad. Really bad. His “flashes” are being hyped up a little much. 2-3 good plays is nothing to be excited over IMO. 

With that said, it’s 4 games. Not to worried yet. I want to see where he’s at around Week 10 or 11. EDGE’s usually don’t need a full year to develop. If his entire rookie year is bad, that would be a massive red flag. I still have a lot of faith, but I am concerned. I think we realized Ferrell was a JAG 80% through his rookie year. 

Meanwhile, Christian Gonzalez is the 7th best corner in the NFL this season before injury. And for the first time since Revis, I don’t think it’s the system. Gonzalez was a premier corner prospect. (Been on record many times saying guys like Jackson and Butler are system corners, and even Gilmore to certain degree). 

13 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Bottom 7:
1. Pat Jones II MIN 28.8
2. Jihad Ward NYG 30.4
3. Tyree Wilson LV 37.7

PFF Edge Defender’s. Tyree has been bad. Really bad. His “flashes” are being hyped up a little much. 2-3 good plays is nothing to be excited over IMO. 

I see Jihad Ward still languishing at the bottom, goodness what a crappy pick that was 😁

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I see Jihad Ward still languishing at the bottom, goodness what a crappy pick that was 😁

How tf is he in the league still. He’s Bottom 5 on this list every year. And it’s not just pff, just watching Ward, he’s a body… does nothing. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2023 at 11:14 AM, Tank4Drake said:

Bottom 7:
1. Pat Jones II MIN 28.8
2. Jihad Ward NYG 30.4
3. Tyree Wilson LV 37.7

With that said, it’s 4 games. Not to worried yet. I want to see where he’s at around Week 10 or 11. EDGE’s usually don’t need a full year to develop. If his entire rookie year is bad, that would be a massive red flag. I still have a lot of faith, but I am concerned. I think we realized Ferrell was a JAG 80% through his rookie year. 

Meanwhile, Christian Gonzalez is the 7th best corner in the NFL this season before injury. And for the first time since Revis, I don’t think it’s the system. Gonzalez was a premier corner prospect. (Been on record many times saying guys like Jackson and Butler are system corners, and even Gilmore to certain degree). 

Show me a rookie edge beating Rashawn Slater off the edge.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 12:16 AM, Darbsk said:

21 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Show me a rookie edge beating Rashawn Slater off the edge.

Ward has me blocked on social media lol. Idk how he's still in the league, let alone getting snaps 

• Like 1