🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not true at all. 

I had absolutely nothing good to say about the Ferrell pick and got ripped for it on draft night and had to put up with being told how wrong I was about him for the entire season. 

You weren't the only one, and yet you did, in fact, say some good things about him. 

I’m talking about Tyree wilson

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The Malcom Koonce potential extension will let us know how the team feels about him. However, still too early to give up on him.

Koonce needs to be locked up asap. I expect each week his price will go up this year.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I’m sure he was on your big board and you were hyping him at one stage?

Edited to add:

Post Combine

7:

1. CJ Stroud | QB | Ohio State

2. Tyree Wilson | Edge | Texas Tech

3. Anthony Richardson | QB | Florida

4. Will Levis | QB | Kentucky

5. Christian Gonzalez | CB | Oregon

(from 2023 bigboard thread Posted March 6, 2023)

If he was Clelin Ferrel ‘from the rip’ why is he #2 on your big board and above Jalen Carter? Seems high…… I do distinctly remember you hyping him too as that literally made me look into him more 🙂

See, it’s stuff like this that I think loses you respect around here. We all have bad takes from time to time, I’ve had plenty that are terrible, but most of us own up to them and can laugh at ourselves from time to time.

Too funny this. 😂

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Koonce needs to be locked up asap. I expect each week his price will go up this year.  

Probably unlikely we resign Koonce I think he’s gonna think he will get a great offer in FA. 

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It’s called watching more film and changing your opinion 

who was the only one that said this dude sucked and was a bust from the rip? Me you’re welcome 

You just don't get it do you?

It's not about changing your mind, or even being wrong - anyone can be, that's not the issue......... it's the obnoxious self congratulation and braggadocio that gets on peoples nerves, especially when we all know you're not being honest.

You didn't say he sucked, you said this when questioned:

On 3/6/2023 at 10:46 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Are you worried about his first step being uber slow?

Not really. He is already a good power rusher and his frame looks like it can add even more weight. I think he'll be a plus run defender that can slide inside on passing downs and get you 7-9 sacks per year.

Again, it's not about you being wrong.........we all are, and pretty often. It's the pretence that you're somehow better than everyone else on here and that you're the only one that spotted this that or the other, that rubs everyone the wrong way.

By all means ignore everything I've said here and put your head in the sand if you want, call it fake news or whatever. I'm just trying to give you a bit of honest advice, be a little more humble and you might get more positive responses. All the best 🍻

• Like 7

7 hours ago, G said:

Bueller...Bueller....Time to bump this thread but we need to see the things you mentioned as it's only pre-season Getting bigger, stronger Ferrell vibes where he'll play 4 years here and then play a bit more for other teams to end his career. Never living up to the high pick expectations but not washing out because he can play better than UDFA's  

I'd prefer at least a contract year breakout but it's still early. Koonce getting an extension would have probably happened if we weren't waiting to see what we have in Wilson.

Yeah I think that is a very fair assessment rn. I do think he's more physically talented than Ferrell by a good bit. That being said, I think he has a lot to prove. I also think it's not fair to judge off his rookie year based on his injuries coming in. I'm certainly not a Wilson homer. Personally I wanted Carter or the CB the seahawks took iirc. I think Wilson's best position is an inside out DE, he definitely was a mismatch for guards last year and interior rush is valuable in this league.

• Like 1

I'm not saying Wilson won't end up a JAG or bust. I am saying judging him off an injured rookie season is very premature. I do expect a lot more this year. If we don't see big time flashes I think we can call a spade a spade. If bulking up was part of the plan, I expect to see an impactful inside rusher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not saying Wilson won't end up a JAG or bust. I am saying judging him off an injured rookie season is very premature. I do expect a lot more this year. If we don't see big time flashes I think we can call a spade a spade. If bulking up was part of the plan, I expect to see an impactful inside rusher.

He looked slightly improved from get off stand point. Still living off his frame and still no backup moves. Got a few pressures tho 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You just don't get it do you?

It's not about changing your mind, or even being wrong - anyone can be, that's not the issue......... it's the obnoxious self congratulation and braggadocio that gets on peoples nerves, especially when we all know you're not being honest.

Tyree sucks bro bro, I saw it on film in the months leading up to the draft, sadly Ziegler didn't. I should probably be in an NFL front office.