1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

Kind of a meh pick in my opinion. Hope I’m wrong but would’ve loved Levis. Kirk isn’t getting any younger and we have zero succession plan in place. Gotta hand it to the hated rivals to the East, they always have a plan. I think it’s been well documented that without a quality/star quarterback it’s almost impossible to win it all. Maybe we’ll trade back up and take Levis or hooker. 

NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein offered the following breakdown of Addison:

"Inside/outside wideout with the speed and agility to work confidently on all three levels of the field, but lacking the size and catch strength generally associated with high-impact performers on the next level. Addison's route running features acceleration, dynamic steering and sudden turns at a moment's notice. While he can get to the spot effectively, he has trouble consistently winning battles when he has coverage company beside him. While Addison failed to make the same impact he did in 2021, his usage at Pitt might be a better indicator of the type of role and production he could be capable of on the next level."

https://www.vikings.com/news/jordan-addison-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-usc?fbclid=IwAR1d38UjjL2Wl0ILYXAJCkIkGMG4q7ydJCAmZfyy_EMNKaw57ExgSr4bnWA

11 minutes ago, Sad People said:

I feel like this pick makes the offense one of the best in the league.

Well, they'll have to be because they're going to be required to score 35+ pts a game.  With as aggressive as Flores likes to play on defense, expect a lot of big plays against them.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

NFL.com analyst Lance Zierlein offered the following breakdown of Addison:

"Inside/outside wideout with the speed and agility to work confidently on all three levels of the field, but lacking the size and catch strength generally associated with high-impact performers on the next level. Addison's route running features acceleration, dynamic steering and sudden turns at a moment's notice. While he can get to the spot effectively, he has trouble consistently winning battles when he has coverage company beside him. While Addison failed to make the same impact he did in 2021, his usage at Pitt might be a better indicator of the type of role and production he could be capable of on the next level."

https://www.vikings.com/news/jordan-addison-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-usc?fbclid=IwAR1d38UjjL2Wl0ILYXAJCkIkGMG4q7ydJCAmZfyy_EMNKaw57ExgSr4bnWA

That's not stellar....