1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

correct, but it's not an emotional effect we're looking for here, but an intellectual one.

in that, his mind (not his heart) can decide between right and wrong.

that isn't how addicts work. 

edit:  (aren't?? not sure on the proper plural conjugation here...)

Edited by Heimdallr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is it likely that he'll be suspended by the team or is any suspension more likely to come from the league?

I’m not sure what other DUI punishments from the NFL have been.

The team suspended OC Wes Philips for 3 weeks in the offseason. Perhaps they do something similar and suspend Addison for 3 games? The young man clearly needs to be taught/learn a lesson. 

One shouldn’t need to look past the recent events of Khyree Jackson to get the point across. However, since that didn’t appear to sink in Addison’s mind perhaps he should go visit Henry Ruggs…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I’m not sure what other DUI punishments from the NFL have been.

The team suspended OC Wes Philips for 3 weeks in the offseason. Perhaps they do something similar and suspend Addison for 3 games? The young man clearly needs to be taught/learn a lesson. 

One shouldn’t need to look past the recent events of Khyree Jackson to get the point across. However, since that didn’t appear to sink in Addison’s mind perhaps he should go visit Henry Ruggs…

If Wes got 3 weeks in the off season, suspend Addison 3 weeks in training camp. Sadly. I don’t think Minny will suspend him on their own prior to anything

• Like 1

The only way you fall asleep in a live lane or at a stop light is substance abuse.

If you fall asleep behind the wheel due to exhaustion it usually ends up in a car accident or running off the road.

Yes innocent until proven guilty sure but there is no way anyone truly believes it is anything but being under the influence.

This absolutely needs to end with a suspension at minimum. Addison needs a wake up call, he is one or two away from ruining his career and going down the Blackmon/Gordon pathway.

I just don't get it, I uber after 2 beers because my career depends on my license. These kids have a free driver service at their disposal and still choose to drive drunk. The Henry Ruggs story should be enough to eliminate drunk driving by these athletes.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, vike daddy said:

correct, but it's not an emotional effect we're looking for here, but an intellectual one.

in that, his mind (not his heart) can decide between right and wrong.

One often leads to the other though. If you have the proclivity to drink and drive, many times it's a personal, negative experience that jars you out of that habit.

I'm sure you can get there solely from an intellectual inspiration, but I think that takes longer. Negative consequences feel more distant.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 7:16 PM, Heimdallr said:

that isn't how addicts work. 

edit:  (aren't?? not sure on the proper plural conjugation here...)

Is there any evidence that he's an addict? Maybe a suspension would be enough to wake him up

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Maybe a suspension would be enough to wake him up

give him more free time to make bad decisions and get in more trouble? may be not the best remedy (i really have no idea.)

but since his two transgressions have both involved driving (and both in expensive high end vehicles) i wonder if the Vikings asking him to voluntarily give up his drivers license for a year might actually be more effective.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

give him more free time to make bad decisions and get in more trouble? may be not the best remedy (i really have no idea.)

but since his two transgressions have both involved driving (and both in expensive high end vehicles) i wonder if the Vikings asking him to voluntarily give up his drivers license for a year might actually be more effective.

I was more thinking of the hit to his wallet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jofos said:

No he wouldn't. 

DUI a week after a teammate was KILLED by a drunk driver?

A season after being caught driving 140mph?

If you aren't a key player on the team you'd be cut 100%.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, viking said:

DUI a week after a teammate was KILLED by a drunk driver?

A season after being caught driving 140mph?

If you aren't a key player on the team you'd be cut 100%.

Jayron Kearse got a DUI, wasn't cut.

Jabari Price got a DUI, wasn't cut

A player by the name of Antwione Williams got a DUI, wasn't cut until final cuts

I think it all depends upon the circumstances...it also depends upon your definition of "key" player...if you're a warm body, like OL Isame Faciane (who was cut after his DUI), sure.  But, even if you're not a key player, but have some experience, you likely won't get cut for simply a DUI. 

• Like 1