Draft Discussion Day 2

Sllim Pickens

My top choice for pick 34 if available would be Joey Porter Jr or Brian Branch.  I think both would be great additions to the secondary with so many 1 year deals there.  We need something to prepare for next year so we aren't starting fresh again.   I think Branch is probably the better fit to replace CJGJ and Porter would be groomed to replace one of the outside guys.  

I wouldn't hate Will Levis at 34, but I am guessing he slips further today than people think similarly to Willis last year.  If he drops to our second or third 2nd round pick I think he would be a great pick to learn behind Goff for a year or two.  

I also wouldn't mind grabbing an OL at 34.  I could see Mauch, Torrence, Jones, Schmitz, or Avila being our pick based on how Holmes and Campbell have drafted previously and so far this year.  

My prediction given things don't always go how I want or hope is that we will draft Rashee Rice at 34, Chandler Zavala at 48, and Moro Ojomo at pick 55 if we don't trade down. 

Quite a few solid DB's left. I would hope we walk away with one that can chip in this year and take over a spot next year. 

I expect to grab an offensive lineman today too. They clearly want to keep the running game as a huge strength. 

My best scenario would be Joey Porter Jr., Keanu Beanton, and a guy like Matthew Bergeron. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Quite a few solid DB's left. I would hope we walk away with one that can chip in this year and take over a spot next year. 

I expect to grab an offensive lineman today too. They clearly want to keep the running game as a huge strength. 

My best scenario would be Joey Porter Jr., Keanu Beanton, and a guy like Matthew Bergeron. 

I have a feeling with the rumors of how many times Detroit visited Florida this year and with his run grade being pretty top notch, Torrence could be the pick at 34 to keep that run game a strength as you mentioned.  He isn't my first choice for OG, but a lot of things add up to make it look like a strong possibility. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I have a feeling with the rumors of how many times Detroit visited Florida this year and with his run grade being pretty top notch, Torrence could be the pick at 34 to keep that run game a strength as you mentioned.  He isn't my first choice for OG, but a lot of things add up to make it look like a strong possibility. 

I think Torrence or Dexter are on the board for us from Florida.

34 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I wouldn't hate Will Levis at 34, but I am guessing he slips further today than people think similarly to Willis last year.  If he drops to our second or third 2nd round pick I think he would be a great pick to learn behind Goff for a year or two.  

Tom Pelisserro on GMFB (just watching a clip on YT) said that the Saints and Steelers (at 32) have had a lot of contact from teams trying to move up to take him. 

I don't think Levis lasts past 36 (Rams). 

My love for Washington is no secret and I'd still love to see him as a Lion 

O line Torrence, Michael-Schmitz, or Avila

At CB I'd like to see Brents or Rush in a Lions uniform next year.

D line Keion White, Keanu Benton, maybe B.J Ojulari or Adetomiwa Adebawore.

Safeties Branch or Johnson 

Lot of options left... Interested to see what they ultimately do

Edit: 

Forgot WR, still stick by Tillman being the best option 

Edited by rob_shadows

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My top choice for pick 34 if available would be Joey Porter Jr

I don’t see him slipping past PIT but if you managed to get him, there wouldn’t be a whole lot to complain about with the R1 reaches. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I would say our #1 priority is to address out DT need.  McNeil and Buggs played way too many snaps last year.  Benito Jones isn't the answer.  Keeanu Benton seems like a really good fit.  I like Keion White but he seems like more of a Cameron Jordan DE who can move inside.  Physically, Adetomiwa Adebawore is really similar to James Hall.  I don't really see him as a full-time DT.

I wasn't a fan of the Gibbs pick but no that it happened I wonder if we just go all in on it.  Draft Darnell Washington and either Torrence, Avila or Burgeron.

Imagine running on the right side with Sewell, Torrence and Washinton, with Gibbs speed.  Maybe we should just go for it.  

• Like 1