2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Between Wicks, Reed,Watson and Musgrave I think we’re going to get at least two big hits.

Doubbs seems like a fine complementary piece . 

Still too early for me to tell.  

Out of everyone mentioned, I feel like Musgrave is going to be the biggest, surest, "hit".

But we shall see.  We really do have a lot of talent there.  Really wish we had a dawg #1 to help mold them better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Still too early for me to tell.  

Out of everyone mentioned, I feel like Musgrave is going to be the biggest, surest, "hit".

But we shall see.  We really do have a lot of talent there.  Really wish we had a dawg #1 to help mold them better.

I have most faith in him too. I wish we had a Randall Cobb this year , someone who wouldn’t expect to play much but could show them the way . 

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Apologize is strong, I liked the pick. You were correct that he's more than a slot. I'm still not ready to call him the best player in the 2023 class. I'm still not ready to call him the best pass catcher in this class, the way #13 moves as a rookie, I think he could be special, and if god forbid Musgrave ever stops having the balance of a drunk ostrich I think he could be special.

Think Reed can be our Emmanuel Sanders, I'm much more excited for him now than I was in April. You were way closer to his ceiling than I was.  

i didn't mean for being right or wrong about an evaluation

i meant for saying my excitement for him was only because WE drafted him. You were dead wrong about that.

11 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Reed is proof that our dependence on RAS scores and choir boys is stupid AF.

Attitude and will are more important than athleticism and good behavior in this sport. Those should be primary. Athleticism should be secondary.

He's a high RAS guy on GBs board. They had him faster.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Attitude and will are more important than athleticism and good behavior in this sport. Those should be primary. Athleticism should be secondary.

RAS is fine, but the player needs to have some dog in him too.  If it's just an athlete I'm not interested.  

16 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Amari Rodgers was a bad RAS guy who was a competitive guy, versatile player, coaches son, etc. No matter what qualities you prioritize in a player, some guys just turn out not to be good enough. 

• Like 6

On 9/6/2023 at 10:29 PM, incognito_man said:

He's got some Tyreek Hill in him. Attack mentality at size. High end athlete. I know Hill edges him there but don't sleep on Reed's stheltcism. He's more Tyreek Hill than Randall Cobb.

Wouldn't have noticed this one if it wasn't quoted, but man, this is about as bad as player evaluation gets. 

8 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Amari Rodgers was a bad RAS guy who was a competitive guy, versatile player, coaches son, etc. No matter what qualities you prioritize in a player, some guys just turn out not to be good enough. 

That’s kind of my point. I’m not saying we need to get a team full of convicts and run a football version of Con Air.

I’m saying we need to be varied.

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

When we drafted him, I said he reminded me of Steve Smith, both in stature and attitude. Just wait until he gets a little better and that swagger grows. That's what you want from your WRs. It's one of the reasons why Reed, at his height, is already a better jump ball/contested catch guy than Watson. 

Edited by packfanfb

On 11/14/2023 at 10:54 PM, MacReady said:

Is Reed proof that our reliance on RAS is stupid or is he proof of a varied draft strategy?

Edited by sgtcheezwiz

10 hours ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Is Reed proof that our reliance on RAS is stupid or is he proof of a varied draft strategy?

The stupid part would be that some people believe the Packers are reliant on RAS scores to make decisions on drafting players. 

• Like 3