2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I just feel something REALLY REALLY good about this. I don't know why exactly, but I absolutely love this pick and guy and I already want his jersey and think he's going to be a big reason why he gets at least one super bowl ring with us.

This just feels right.

It definitely goes against our general tendencies at receiver, so they must see something. Then again, so did Amari. 

45 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Wrong this WR wasn’t taken in the 1st round - 2nd round WRs are apart of Packers history. The bitching will go on

I think it'll calm down a little.  The reason I think people are a bit more on edge about WR is because Lazard left and now Watson is the only proven star on the roster, and group as a whole is by far the youngest as a whole that we've had in a while.

I'm curious to see whether Toure or Melton can make the team to add to the potential Doubbs improves and now Reed impresses and does what Amari Rodgers failed to do.

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It definitely goes against our general tendencies at receiver, so they must see something. Then again, so did Amari. 

Amari had a more compact build and didn't run great routes, Reeds seems to fit a lot better in the slot

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Amari had a more compact build and didn't run great routes, Reeds seems to fit a lot better in the slot

Also, not that he would have been better for not doing jt, but I think he got damaged even more by being forced to return punts, something he had never done prior to coming here I don't believe.  Relegate him to that and he doesn't get as many WR reps and a chance to work on that route running.

Word is Reed does have return experience, but we may not need him there with Nixon back.

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I agree. AR’s compact stature was why I was excited, like a Cobb sized Deebo. Still, both guys go against our prototypical WR mold. I’m excited, we still have a Lazard sized hole to replace as the goon role but I hope this guy brings electricity and toughness in his small frame. 

Edited by Refugee

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I agree. AR’s compact stature was why I was excited, like a Cobb sized Deebo. Still, both guys go against our prototypical WR mold. I’m excited, we still have a Lazard sized hole to replace as the goon role but I hope this guy brings electricity and toughness in his small frame. 

I'll take the receiving ablity from the slot over a goon right now, but I think Watson/Doubs are good enough blockers. Maybe get a guy later that can block better

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I asked for an advanced route runner at WR and I got my wish. 

I think Reed is kind of a better version of JSN at almost everything.

For instance, JSN would win in a game of dodgeball vs Reed inside a phone booth. But if it's inside a tractor trailer, Reed wins.

7 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Also, not that he would have been better for not doing jt, but I think he got damaged even more by being forced to return punts, something he had never done prior to coming here I don't believe.  Relegate him to that and he doesn't get as many WR reps and a chance to work on that route running.

Word is Reed does have return experience, but we may not need him there with Nixon back.

Reed could be our punt returner, Nixon the KR

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think Reed is kind of a better version of JSN at almost everything.

For instance, JSN would win in a game of dodgeball vs Reed inside a phone booth. But if it's inside a tractor trailer, Reed wins.

Not going to go that far but if down the line Reed is better than JSN, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I just feel something REALLY REALLY good about this. I don't know why exactly, but I absolutely love this pick and guy and I already want his jersey and think he's going to be a big reason why he gets at least one super bowl ring with us.

This just feels right.

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

• Like 1