Draft Day 3 - For the sicko’s

warfelg

91+ pass rush rating last 2 years, we need depth at EDGE because what if we can't sign a vet and Leal doesn't work?  

we have depth at C and CB (but would like another CB in this draft) 

our QB2 is set due to salary and draft status

K is in a long term deal

UFA signings helped many places on the roster

would have been nice to have more picks but this is a good draft and offseason for a change. 

11 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Coaching...Can't teach speed, right?  But can teach rush repertoire, right?  How to bend?  How to use hands, etc., etc.

Sounds simple but teaching counters and players adapting and learning is truly hard. That's why Dupree never panned out despite elite size and quickness.

I'm definitely going hard on Herbig tonight when I'm bored.

• Like 1

Herbig has some pass rush moves.   He isnt Bruce Davis.     Yes, he needs work, but I'll say it now....I dont think he is a huge drop off from Nolan Smith.    Smith went to a better situation, but as stand alone talents, I dont think they are 3 rounds apart.     Nolan Smith has better physical tools, but Id rather have Herbig at the end of the 4th than Nolan Smith in the first.

This draft, from a positional perspective, has gone almost as perfect as I could have imagined.   Sure, I would have liked to have seen an ILB brought in, but based on value and how everything fell, it has been pretty damn good.  

I like the players for the most part too.  These players all need coached up, but the talent is clearly there in spades with every pick.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Sounds simple but teaching counters and players adapting and learning is truly hard. That's why Dupree never panned out despite elite size and quickness.

I'm definitely going hard on Herbig tonight when I'm bored.

You arent wrong, but if Herbig comes anywhere close to what Dupree was next to Watt, as a late 4th round pick, I will be quite happy.

Dupree wasnt a star, but he became a fine compliment to Watt.

I think Herbig gets the Timmons treatment.   I think they will use him in various ways early on and decide where he fits best over time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Besides Herbig having a brother on the team, TJ Watt is someone that really wanted the Steelers to draft Nick.

He is explosive so this could be fun.

And... Benton. Herbig is such a great cultural fit. A worker.
Will be very interesting to see where they play him. He'll be a great special teamer early.

• Like 1