4.116 - Colby Wooden [DL; Auburn]

CWood21

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Always cools to see the genuine happiness with these guys.  It's literally a life-changing moment.

And you get a glimpse of parents who have been with him every step of the way…and who would love him no less if he’d gone undrafted. They are proud of the work he put in to get here. 

I had a big case of Deja Vu with this guy and I think I figured it out. We drafted this type of player before.

Jarius Wynn - former Packer who we drafted in the 6th round. 6'3" and 275lbs.

Wooden is 6'4" and 273lbs. Both have long arms and big hands.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 9:56 AM, Chili said:

I had a big case of Deja Vu with this guy and I think I figured it out. We drafted this type of player before.

Jarius Wynn - former Packer who we drafted in the 6th round. 6'3" and 275lbs.

Wooden is 6'4" and 273lbs. Both have long arms and big hands.

Not a bad comp. Wynn also has a SB ring on one of those big hands so hope the parallel continues. 

My only concern with this guy is that he isn't quite athletic/fast enough off the edge and is too small to stop the run inside. 273lbs vs 310lbs guards isn't going to be easy.

Packing on 10-15 pounds is going to be critical for him.

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I liked the pick.  Rushes inside, despite his size.  Lots of fight in him.  I can see him as a DE in our 4 DL front.  And if he can add 5-10 lbs of muscle......

Nice pick.

Chili

My only concern with this guy is that he isn't quite athletic/fast enough off the edge and is too small to stop the run inside. 273lbs vs 310lbs guards isn't going to be easy.

I did not see these two posts before mine below. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He looks ripped and lean. He can easily put on 20 or so pounds. 

Another couple of posts this dude will be 315! LOL 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Datone Jones?

Yes.  But with what appears to be good character and real toughness.  But kind of a tweener.

This is another guy who will bust on the DL if we run that God awful 2 DL set with 2 stand up OLBs on the outside.  

If we roll with 3 DL with their hands in the dirt?  One being more of a DE?  That's what he can do.  At least I feel that is what he can do right now.

On 5/1/2023 at 4:27 PM, Chili said:

He is not playing off the edge.

He will not be a short yardage run stuffer. 

He will be a situational DL that can add his positives to pressure packages until he grows his game to be a full-time starter. 

49 minutes ago, R T said:

He is not playing off the edge.

He will not be a short yardage run stuffer. 

He will be a situational DL that can add his positives to pressure packages until he grows his game to be a full-time starter. 

How many guys have to get hurt before he falls into your top 4/5 guys in the pressure package?