​🔥​ Pick #135 is in: Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue

RaidersAreOne

can we at least all come to a single agreement….

Seriously, that mustache has to go.  It’s ridiculous.  I think I’d rather have a QB who eats bananas with the peel on then one who has such hideous facial hair.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Seriously, that mustache has to go.  It’s ridiculous.  I think I’d rather have a QB who eats bananas with the peel on then one who has such hideous facial hair.

He looks like one of the cops from Super Troopers.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We need to refer to him as Officer Farva.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We need to refer to him as Officer Farva.

Omfg… I couldn’t place who he looked like, it was driving me nuts.  I was going to make a bad cop mustache reference eventually.  You nailed it though 👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Unfortunately, that’s the “face of our franchise” when Jimmy G goes down week 7.  We could go from “GQ Jimmy” to “Farva”. 

I wonder if he orders liters of soda …

https://youtu.be/S8LtffE5mU8

I'm okay with this.  Anthony Richardson (1a) or Farva (1b).  Best fallback option available.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think it’s crazy how Raiders Post on twitter had the same idea of calling him Officer Farva at nearly the exact same time as we started talking about it.  Did you guys see it on their first or was it just dumb luck?

This guy was making comparison on draft day. People jumped on it quick 

14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think it’s crazy how Raiders Post on twitter had the same idea of calling him Officer Farva at nearly the exact same time as we started talking about it.  Did you guys see it on their first or was it just dumb luck?

I don't know how anyone didn't see the resemblence.  It was literally the first thing I thought of when I saw a picture of O'Connell.  Then of course it just rolled in from everywhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 11:19 AM, Jerry said:

I don't know how anyone didn't see the resemblence.  It was literally the first thing I thought of when I saw a picture of O'Connell.  Then of course it just rolled in from everywhere.

The resemblance is uncanny.  It’s just been years since I saw the movie and had a brain block and couldn’t think of it, was on the tip of my tongue.  The resemblance, especially in the photo @big_palooka posted just above is uncanny.

Imagine how funny it’d have been if a draft analysts or even one of the players they have on the show called it out.  That’d have been a instant classic 

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The resemblance is uncanny.  It’s just been years since I saw the movie and had a brain block and couldn’t think of it, was on the tip of my tongue.  The resemblance, especially in the photo @big_palooka posted just above is uncanny.

Imagine how funny it’d have been if a draft analysts or even one of the players they have on the show called it out.  That’d have been a instant classic 

We still have time. Maybe the preseason will give us some comedy gold.

• Like 2