2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

17 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Speaking of Davenport, I don't see him on any meetings list either.

Pace hides everything well as know one about Trubisky or Floyd the last 2 years.

53 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes headed to the 6th or 7th round if even drafted

Shame. Kid has so much talent.

If he goes indrafted he will be a priority free agent for 15 teams. But he cost himself millions already wirh the credit card nonsense, now this? Wow. 

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Now I'm even more intrigued, dammit. Was it pro-Conte, anti-Conte, or just flat-out insane? 

Insane. The highlight was people flipping out over Angelo taking Conte over Jake Kirkpatrick, insisting Kirkpatrick was definitely 2nd-round talent. Kirkpatrick ultimately went undrafted (which was ignored when pointed out in the Conte thread the next day) and never played a snap in the NFL.

There was a lot of other crazy stuff going on in that thread too. People ripping each other apart, freakouts, rants, you name it. Everybody was totally unhinged. It just got totally out of hand.

I think the Dan LeFeavour thread the previous year was a close second.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

Insane. The highlight was people flipping out over Angelo taking Conte over Jake Kirkpatrick, insisting Kirkpatrick was definitely 2nd-round talent. Kirkpatrick ultimately went undrafted (which was ignored when pointed out in the Conte thread the next day) and never played a snap in the NFL.

There was a lot of other crazy stuff going on in that thread too. People ripping each other apart, freakouts, rants, you name it. Everybody was totally unhinged. It just got totally out of hand.

Now you're making me want to avoid the site until Monday...xD

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Now you're making me want to avoid the site until Monday...xD

I usually don't post here much during draft weekend anymore because a lot of the takes are still way too hot for me, but I haven't seen a draft day thread that bad since. I mean, I've seen people lose their minds over picks, but people were really out for blood in the Conte thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

I usually don't post here much during draft weekend anymore because a lot of the takes are still way too hot for me, but I haven't seen a draft day thread that bad since. I mean, I've seen people lose their minds over picks, but people were really out for blood in the Conte thread.

CBears019's PSA at the beginning of the official draft thread gave me some pause, too. Ehhh...I'm an old bastard. Lived through Ditka, lived through Angelo, I'm already accepting the probability of a first round scenario I'd prefer not to happen...I'm sure I'll be fine, myself. I'll be interested in what folks have to say about stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

CBears019's PSA at the beginning of the official draft thread gave me some pause, too. Ehhh...I'm an old bastard. Lived through Ditka, lived through Angelo, I'm already accepting the probability of a first round scenario I'd prefer not to happen...I'm sure I'll be fine, myself. I'll be interested in what folks have to say about stuff. 

Same here. I'm going to make a thread where you pick you own player for each slot again, where you get to be the GM. We did it at work with a group of guys and it was awesome seeing the different takes on what players they got and who they had high or low. Some draft classes were great, some were not. We don't get paid for it, so it isn't like it matters if our picks flop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, G08 said:

"In any other draft, Marcus Davenport might be a top 4 or 5 pick" - Bill Polian

That's a really strange quote considering the lack of premium position stars worthy of top 4-5 selections right now..... Like, I'm not very high on Davenport, but I think this draft is pretty weak in general for the "slam dunk" or "elite" level talent you typically see at the top of the first round...  Frankly, if I thought ANYONE of this draft (especially an EDGE guy) was a "top 4 or 5 pick" in another draft class, I'd have to have them as a top 2-3 pick in this (arguably weak, imo) class.  I'm not even all that thrilled by Chubb despite having him as the best Edge guy and a top 5 Lock this year...  What this draft does have, imo is like 30-50 people who could justifiably be picked in the 15-32 range talent wise, and a whole bunch of guys who are probably going to be at least decent starters/players through the second, and even into the third rounds.... Better than average depth, but completely lacking on superstar power.