2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

22 minutes ago, Mudderfudder77 said:

The guy who advocated for Manziel at 4?

Or said that the 6'3" Lamar Jackson is 'too short' to play QB.

The guy that said he had a 'first round grade' on Tom Brady.

The guy who got Peyton Manning and then wasted a decade of drafts?

He was a great GM, but Bill Polian lost his fastball a long time ago.

What?  He built a great team that was great for a decade through the draft?  Shirley you cant be serious.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What?  He built a great team that was great for a decade through the draft?  Shirley you cant be serious.

And his picks were always later in the round too. People need to look at where they were drafting,m because they never had a shot at the bluechip prospects after Manning started thriving

Edited by Sugashane

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

And his picks were always later in the round too. People need to look at where they were drafting,m because they never had a shot at the bluechip prospects after Manning started thriving

Good point but I'd counter by saying Manning was a big reason why that team was as successful as they were in the first place.  He was one of those players that could elevate the whole team.  Once he started declining with his neck injuries you saw a big drop off.  That's not taking anything away from Polian, who made some nice picks over the years, but I think he's a bit overrated on these forums.

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Good point but I'd counter by saying Manning was a big reason why that team was as successful as they were in the first place.  He was one of those players that could elevate the whole team.  Once he started declining with his neck injuries you saw a big drop off.  That's not taking anything away from Polian, who made some nice picks over the years, but I think he's a bit overrated on these forums.

You're spot on. Overrated is probably the right word for him with how highly he is regarded here. He had a ton of success and I can't take away from that since he did get Manning, but how many people would fail with Peyton leading the charge? Still though, he took a lot of late picks and did well with them, so I'm happy to give him kudos.

4 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Going through progressions. Throwing from the pocket. Footwork. 

Volatile personality is one big issue. He seems like the guy you love one week and hate the next. Of course that is just my outside view.

9 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Going through progressions. Throwing from the pocket. Footwork. 

So Mayfield does none of those things well in comparison to Darnold?  I'll give you that Darnold is good at going through his reads and is fairly accurate but his footwork has been criticized, like most college QBs.  People also seem to be conveniently leaving out that Darnold was responsible for 22 turnovers this past season....

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

FML, just realized my son has his 2nd baseball tryout from 530 to 730.

As a coach, am I obligated to go???

I have a date tonight, and i pushed it up to 5 pm and picked a restaurant i knew would have TVs. Hopefully it goes really well or really poorly so it'll be over at a decent time

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So Mayfield does none of those things well in comparison to Darnold?  I'll give you that Darnold is good at going through his reads and is fairly accurate but his footwork has been criticized, like most college QBs.  People also seem to be conveniently leaving out that Darnold was responsible for 22 turnovers this past season....

His footwork is much better then Baker. Baker has that Cutleresque, I'm gonna throw off my back even though I don't need to attitude it seems. 

41 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I have a date tonight, and i pushed it up to 5 pm and picked a restaurant i knew would have TVs. Hopefully it goes really well or really poorly so it'll be over at a decent time

Solid opener for you

1edY.gif

Either it goes bad and you have an excuse, or it lowers expectations and and things at least seem to go great due to it.  lol

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

You're spot on. Overrated is probably the right word for him with how highly he is regarded here. He had a ton of success and I can't take away from that since he did get Manning, but how many people would fail with Peyton leading the charge? Still though, he took a lot of late picks and did well with them, so I'm happy to give him kudos.

He also built the Bills team that went to 4 straight superbowls.  Manning didnt have any factor in that whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I honestly completely forgot about that.

Bill Polian has forgotten more about evaluating talent than everybody on this site combined knows.  The fact that these kids are talking about Polian the way they are in the draft thread just shows how young and ignorant they truly are.  Yeah hes not real tv friendly, but i dont listen to him to be entertained, i listen to him bc he is VERY knowledgeable about football.