2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

2 hours ago, G08 said:

For sure, my post was for the sake of "fair market value" on the trade chart.

FWIW I saw Leming day he thought a move down to 12 could get a pair of 3s from BUF if it’s for a QB. Was gonna build a mock around that. 

On 4/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, Epyon said:

A factor also is that Pace apparently gave up a large amount of his personnel control (on the defensive side of the ball)  to Vic as part of the deal to keep him here... This pick might not necessarily be Pace's to make, in the way the previous ones where, if we target a defensive player. 

He gave him autonomy to run the defense, that doesn't mean outside defensive personnel FA acquisition or drafting is decided by Vic. 

Pace makes the personnel call, but he consults with his coaches of course.  Everyone does.  You would be stupid not to.

24 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I would trade #8 to New England for two firsts and a second. In a heartbeat. I think Mayfield will be there and could be their target.

Yep that would be an easy trade to make. 

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He gave him autonomy to run the defense, that doesn't mean outside defensive personnel FA acquisition or drafting is decided by Vic. 

Pace makes the personnel call, but he consults with his coaches of course.  Everyone does.  You would be stupid not to.

Oh god, let's hope that's not the case.  Remember when Lovie was given more power and he drafted Dan Bazuin and Michael Okwo in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the same draft year?

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Oh god, let's hope that's not the case.  Remember when Lovie was given more power and he drafted Dan Bazuin and Michael Okwo in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the same draft year?

Lovie MADE those picks. The argument isn't to let Fangio make the picks. It's for Pace to at least listen to what Fangio looks for at the different defensive positions.

53 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I would trade #8 to New England for two firsts and a second. In a heartbeat. I think Mayfield will be there and could be their target.

At 23 they could get Key, Landry, Evans, or Jackson. I wouldn't be totally opposed. Moving down 15 spots is sort of scary though.

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Lovie MADE those picks. The argument isn't to let Fangio make the picks. It's for Pace to at least listen to what Fangio looks for at the different defensive positions.

I get the argument.  That's normal and what most teams should be doing.  It goes without saying...

I'm just pointing out that it would be a bad idea if Pace ever gave up that kind control up to one of his coaches as we saw Jerry do with Lovie.

What do you do?

Round 1

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Sam Darnold [USC]
1[2] NY Giants: DE Bradley Chubb [North Carolina St]
1[3] NY Jets [Ind]: QB Josh Allen [Wyoming]
1[4] Cleveland Browns [Hou]: RB Saquan Barkley [Penn St]
1[5] Denver Broncos: QB Josh Rosen [UCLA]
1[6] Indianapolis Colts [NYJ]: OG Quenton Nelson [Notre Dame]
1[7] Buffalo Bills [TB]: QB Baker Mayfield [OU]

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

What do you do?

Round 1

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Sam Darnold [USC]
1[2] NY Giants: DE Bradley Chubb [North Carolina St]
1[3] NY Jets [Ind]: QB Josh Allen [Wyoming]
1[4] Cleveland Browns [Hou]: RB Saquan Barkley [Penn St]
1[5] Denver Broncos: QB Josh Rosen [UCLA]
1[6] Indianapolis Colts [NYJ]: OG Quenton Nelson [Notre Dame]
1[7] Buffalo Bills [TB]: QB Baker Mayfield [OU]

Wellt trade down if possible, but if not then I think you gotta go with a mix of BPA at highest level of need.  I think it's going to end up being Edmunds.