Undrafted Free Agents 2023

gopherwrestler

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm also holding out hope that we can trade Reagor for a future 7th round pick.šŸ˜…

you should stop holding out hope. no one is going to take on 1st round pick salary at this stage of the game. There are better odds that McCardell works some magic than getting draft comp for Reagor, imo.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Minnesota Vikings have had a busy day with roster moves and made it busier by placingĀ OLB Andre Carter IIĀ on the physically unable to perform list.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/07/24/vikings-andre-carter-ii-physically-unable-to-perform-list/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1F1yIpvqXm4FN-1ozAh37zPTStkzTj6VFH-xYozFdp1M2Pz-Kbi-Yk0g0

It'll be interesting to see how this impacts him in training camp.Ā  He had great OTAs and minicamp, but this will knock him back a bit.Ā 

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

when a player is on the PUP can he be poached by another team still? or does it offer a form of protection to the host team?

Heā€™s still on the 90 man roster. So, no. Unless heā€™s cut by the Vikings, other teams canā€™t poach him.Ā 

TheĀ Star Tribuneā€™sĀ Ben GoesslingĀ tweeted Tuesday, ā€œVikings receiver Malik Knowles, who was waived on Monday with an injury designation, cleared waivers and will head to the reserved/non-football injury list.ā€

The nature of Knowlesā€™ injury has yet to be disclosed, and it is unclear how long heā€™ll live on the NFI list. It could be for a week, the entire 2023 season, or in between. More clarity should follow from the Vikings soon.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/vikings-wr-returns?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

It is already an encouraging sign that QBĀ Jaren Hall is on a better developmental trajectory than the last quarterback the Vikings drafted ā€” 2021 third-round pickĀ Kellen Mond, who wasĀ released after just one season.

Purple Insiderā€™s Matthew Coller: ā€œMond would just kind of freeze up. Heā€™d be fumbling snaps, missing passes and scrambling. This is one of those things [competency from quarterbacks] that you know when you see it. Thatā€™s what I saw from Hall.ā€

ā€œNo NFL coach is going to give a quarterback a chance to play in real games that cannot do those things ā€” get everybody lined up, get your throws out on time, throw the ball accurately ā€” Jaren Hall was doing that. He already has shown there is potential there. This gives me some confidence that he could make the roster. Itā€™s really not easy to master enough of the offense to come in and look like youā€™re in controlā€¦ You just got a little bit of a sense that he was in command.ā€

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/jaren-hall-kirk-cousins-nick-mullens/?fbclid=IwAR3bi43L8k-Dtwl5xfxH9vDmlPR5bEAFhQ6WMVsMYQMHIPavQRHJCR5Frr4

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure why but I'm glad Knowles cleared waivers and will remain on the Vikings reserve/non-football injury list. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

That is encouraging news about Hall. If he shows anything in the preseason he'll need to be protected on the 53, not sure I'd want to expose him to the PS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm not quite sure why but I'm glad Knowles cleared waivers and will remain on the Vikings reserve/non-football injury list. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.

That is encouraging news about Hall. If he shows anything in the preseason he'll need to be protected on the 53, not sure I'd want to expose him to the PS.

Stashing Knowles and Carter this season might protect their jobs next season, right?

On 7/29/2023 at 6:04 PM, vike daddy said:

It is already an encouraging sign that QBĀ Jaren Hall is on a better developmental trajectory than the last quarterback the Vikings drafted ā€” 2021 third-round pickĀ Kellen Mond, who wasĀ released after just one season.

Purple Insiderā€™s Matthew Coller: ā€œMond would just kind of freeze up. Heā€™d be fumbling snaps, missing passes and scrambling. This is one of those things [competency from quarterbacks] that you know when you see it. Thatā€™s what I saw from Hall.ā€

ā€œNo NFL coach is going to give a quarterback a chance to play in real games that cannot do those things ā€” get everybody lined up, get your throws out on time, throw the ball accurately ā€” Jaren Hall was doing that. He already has shown there is potential there. This gives me some confidence that he could make the roster. Itā€™s really not easy to master enough of the offense to come in and look like youā€™re in controlā€¦ You just got a little bit of a sense that he was in command.ā€

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/jaren-hall-kirk-cousins-nick-mullens/?fbclid=IwAR3bi43L8k-Dtwl5xfxH9vDmlPR5bEAFhQ6WMVsMYQMHIPavQRHJCR5Frr4

I'm hoping he develops into a long-term backup.Ā  I don't necessarily view him as starter-material, but if he can become Nick Mullens-esque, that would be just fine.

• Like 3