Undrafted Free Agents 2023

gopherwrestler

Ivan Pace Jr. is off to a good start as a rookie, but as his usage continues to improve, so does the focus. Pace presents a unique skill set as a blitzer that works in Brian Flores’ defense, but the production in the run game has been inconsistent. If Pace wants to really capture this room, and the defense, he’ll need to become a better run defender consistently. If he doesn’t, there’s a chance his snaps are limited to moments where he can be most effective. That wouldn’t be a bad thing — in fact, it might be a good thing — as it could open the door for more Brian Asamoah II snaps. 

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/minnesota-vikings-los-angeles-chargers-jordan-addison-kirk-cousins-akayleb-evans-ivan-pace-jr/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2o_WZOlh6enRotTgVnAQ8BQ8YCf4hq8-9C5Kv0mJPx6zf4M8nmyCuNaJY

• Like 1

Special Teams Coordinator Matt Daniels on rookie OLB Andre Carter II making his NFL debut against the Chargers:

"I thought Andre Carter, the game wasn't too big for him. I even asked him postgame, what was it like for him, and what his thoughts were compared to the preseason … and he was like, 'Guys are just better. Just better guys out there.' So the moment wasn't too big for him, and he'll continue with his development and growing as a player. We'll see how much more we can really implement and get him more in the game plan from a special teams standpoint, because I do think he is a matchup problem from a punt return standpoint, punt, really all four phases of the game. Even field goal block, too, just with his length and his ability that he has."

https://www.vikings.com/news/panthers-week4-final-thoughts?fbclid=IwAR2J0c4hhueAtQCUluo_8ykgA2qXIzvCW4WAlgsvH6FI6Oo4nrJR4VfcmaM

• Like 1

Eagles’ Jason Kelce praised rookie Ivan Pace Jr. on the latest episode of the New Heights podcast: "Ivan Pace, former Bearcat, one of the inside linebackers. Dude, we played against them, I'm not kidding you, that dude is a freaking beast. He is all over the place, quick-twitch, a little bit smaller but don't play like it."

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Eagles’ Jason Kelce praised rookie Ivan Pace Jr. on the latest episode of the New Heights podcast: "Ivan Pace, former Bearcat, one of the inside linebackers. Dude, we played against them, I'm not kidding you, that dude is a freaking beast. He is all over the place, quick-twitch, a little bit smaller but don't play like it."

It’s crazy that he fell out of the draft. It is awesome to think that we might have found the next great linebacker in team history.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Nice win by Pace.

Should we play him more, or stay with the 3 safety looks you think?

Pace is a nice player. Whether Pace should play, a third safety, or someone else should not be decided without the context of the opponent and situation.

At this point, I trust Flores to make the call on whether to play Pace, a third safety, or deploy some other look. The decisions made by Flores against the Niners resulted in a very good outcome against the Niners offense.

• Like 4