2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

As I've been saying he reminds me of Alex Smith, cool to see Daniel Jeremiah give him that comp too.

I don't think JJ has the tools to be "elite" but he has the tools to be in like the above average tier of QBs in the NFL if he pans out.

Said the same.

In fact, I think he (and Smith before) would work well for a Kingsbury style offense.  They're mobile enough to keep things moving while being careful with the ball enough to minimize mistakes- something that hurt Kliff with Murray in AZ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totty said:

So, what's it going to take to get to #1? 🤔

From where we are, at least 3 1st round picks I’d guess.

The Bears would probably want Maxx included in some capacity, but I really can’t see us making that deal.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

From where we are, at least 3 1st round picks I’d guess.

The Bears would probably want Maxx included in some capacity, but I really can’t see us making that deal.

Three firsts.  Sure.  Maxx?  Not on your life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Three firsts.  Sure.  Maxx?  Not on your life. 

I’m with you. Maxx should be untouchable, regardless of that weird “nothing is off the table” rant a few weeks back.

Going by the draft grade chart, #1 overall is worth 3000, and #13 overall is 1150. So assuming we’re a middle of the pack team the next couple of years, three 1sts sounds about right. Then again, it could end up a bidding war where we need to give up even more than that.

I just feel like it’s gonna be really tough to get up to #1.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I’m with you. Maxx should be untouchable, regardless of that weird “nothing is off the table” rant a few weeks back.

Going by the draft grade chart, #1 overall is worth 3000, and #13 overall is 1150. So assuming we’re a middle of the pack team the next couple of years, three 1sts sounds about right. Then again, it could end up a bidding war where we need to give up even more than that.

Then go to two for Jayden.  I'm still not opposed to Justin Fields for a 2/3. That might actually be the best option.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The biggest obstacle for the Raiders if Chicago does trade out is beating Washington's potential offer. Because, 2nd overall guarantees Marvin Harrison for the Bears. The Raiders can't really replicate that type of guaranteed value. I think 3 firsts opens the door, but it doesn't get the deal done. The Rams trading up to #1 in 2016 should be the pole star.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kliff has ties to Hollywood. What if we trade Meyers for a 3rd, and draft Xavier Worthy for a 2nd. Worthy is a burner with 4.25 speed . Hollywood a burner. We would have burners around Tae. Worthy is from Fresno

I'd be choked if we traded Meyers. He's so good and I think he's a WR1. I much rather more Tae for a huge return and move those assets up to get into the top 3. 

A 3rd would be underwhelming for Meyers imo. Speed or not.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd be choked if we traded Meyers. He's so good and I think he's a WR1. I much rather more Tae for a huge return and move those assets up to get into the top 3. 

A 3rd would be underwhelming for Meyers imo. Speed or not.

I don't think he's a WR1. He's a mid to high-end 2 but he's shown me nothing to believe he's gonna beat top corners and double coverage consistently. Not hating on him, but that's the reality.

I'd give Bears our 13 and 44 for their 9 and QB Fields. Makes the value pick 66. At 9 we'd have a good choice of player and might have a decent offer to trade down. Throw in our 5th and it's pick 61 I'd also state that we are still looking at drafting a QB. 

Bears have #1/13/44/75/110/122/146/150

Raider have QB Fields/9/77/112/190/234 (I'd rather keep 150 and give up 190/234 as Bears don't have 6/7th round picks but if they want '2nd' round value then 150 it is unless we give up picks in 2025. 

That forces the Jets/Vikings and Broncos to trade up for a QB which means other positions might slip to us at 9. If Daniels is there we pick him to compete with Fields. 

I could see 3 QB's in the first 3 picks AND Jets, Vikings and Broncos taking a QB. 13 is a bad place to be IMO. I think Fields is worth a 4th maybe a 3rd but we look desperate for a QB and a trade up to #1 is too much. 2 or 3 is possible but I doubt those teams want to move down. I'd go to #4 and take Harrison if the 3 QB's are gone. So many ways to go about this and with the coaching staff coming into place I think we actually have a shot at the playoffs if we get a QB. Baker would suit me just fine and if it wasn't for Jimmy G's contract, I wouldn't be so cheap. lol

• Like 1

I could be totally wrong, but I'd rather do a 2nd for Fields and then build up this roster than spend a 1st on Penix/McCarthy or trade 3 1sts + for Caleb/Maye.

I think we could absolutely stack up the roster this offseason. BPA at 13, go after a DT/CB in free agency. It would be pretty awesome. I think we could easily shore up the other guard spot and resign elu as well.