2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/radio-host-shares-wild-quarterback-scenario-hes-hearing-the-raiders-could-run-into-with-the-13th-pick/

Appearing this week on Raider Nation Radio’s Morning Tailgate, Yahoo Sports and Fox Sports Radio host Jason Fitz shared the latest buzz on the quarterback situation in the draft…

“I talked to three or four different guys that I think are plugged in with the draft trying to get a sense of the quarterbacks specifically and every single one of them told me that at this point… and to a man, every single answer I got was that there will be five [quarterbacks] gone before the Raiders can pick…

Bo Nix is going to go… I don’t know what people see in Bo. I don’t know why he would be a top 10 pick, [but] multiple people told me yesterday that Bo [will be] gone before the Raiders pick…

This is the hardest part because I think Raiders fans [are] all looking at it like ‘Well trade up and get Caleb [Williams]. Trade up and get Jayden [Daniels].’ These are all the conversations we are having, but realistically, the conversations I was having yesterday, you are going to have to trade up if you want Bo Nix. You are going to have to trade up if you want J.J. McCarthy...

Everybody [is] just trying, and trying, and trying [to find a quarterback] when you are competing against [Patrick Mahomes]. Now you’ve got four or five teams that are going to be trying to trade up for a Bo Nix. At some point you’ve got to look at it as an organization and say ‘If we are not in love with the guy, do you really want to risk the future of the organization for the fifth-best quarterback [in the draft]?

I feel like every week we talk it becomes even tougher. Are you in a situation organizationally where you just say ‘Hey, we’re going to wait and see what happens and maybe [Michael] Penix is available in the second round.’? I just don’t know.”

This is what I’ve been thinking is the most likely situation all off season. It’s unfortunate as we all want the franchise guy, but is what it is.

It all comes down to whether the FO feel strongly enough that the 5th or 6th QB has the potential to competently run their offense at a higher level than Minshew/AOC and over their projected evaluations of next years crop, bearing in mind that we will be in much the same place next year as the roster is too good to be picking really high.

It’s a difficult decision and I can see just as many reasons to go either way:

a) Take Fuaga, Latham, Arnold or Mitchell, immediately improving your starting team and worry about QB later

b) Take your preferred second tier QB early and use the rest of the draft and FA to fill in your gaps

Neither options are the dream scenario. But neither is doomsday and both should provide immediate improvement and maintain the upward trajectory of the team.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, reddevil said:

This is what I’ve been thinking is the most likely situation all off season. It’s unfortunate as we all want the franchise guy, but is what it is.

It all comes down to whether the FO feel strongly enough that the 5th or 6th QB has the potential to competently run their offense at a higher level than Minshew/AOC and over their projected evaluations of next years crop, bearing in mind that we will be in much the same place next year as the roster is too good to be picking really high.

It’s a difficult decision and I can see just as many reasons to go either way:

a) Take Fuaga, Latham, Arnold or Mitchell, immediately improving your starting team and worry about QB later

b) Take your preferred second tier QB early and use the rest of the draft and FA to fill in your gaps

Neither options are the dream scenario. But neither is doomsday and both should provide immediate improvement and maintain the upward trajectory of the team.

Agreed. You don't take a qb in the NFL draft unless you think they can be a top 10 guy in the league. If the answer is no, you pass and build this team into a bully. Point blank.

If truly we can't get Penix or NIx in round 2, personally i'd go:

CB at 13 (take your pick)

Best OL/DL at 44 (e.g. Darius Robinson/T'Vondre Sweat,etc)

Take a flier on Jordan Travis in the 4th. I loved his mobility and playmaking before the leg injury.

The defense will be looking the best it's looked in over a decade. And the offense in year 2 with upgrades up front should also be good if Minshew can add some playmaking with his legs.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Take a flier on Jordan Travis in the 4th. I loved his mobility and playmaking before the leg injury.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ouoxnp0s1unq8lzazvc

AP and Telesco won't be here in 2026, trade Adams, field calls on Crosby, tear it down to the bare minimum and rebuild this thang.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you say so. I like the direction of the roster.

It’s a 5-8 win team again with zero long term talent at QB. We won’t be fortunate enough to beat up on bad QBs again and you can make a strong case we have the worst HC / OC / QB trio in the league. 

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think I want RT in the first more than anything at this point (Assuming one of the big 3 QBs aren't on the table of course).

Agreed. I would be pleased with any one of Alt, Fashanu, Latham, Fuaga, or Fautanu. 

Rather than reach for QB5 or QB6 take advantage of the phenomenal OT class and build an ideal situation for the QBOTF. 

• Like 1

Taking Penix at 13 would be a massive fail. You take Arnold or an OT and you then trade back up into the late 20s for Penix. That goes for Bo as well. 

As the draft gets closer and closer I think the best thing to do is avoid a QB and just focus on getting starters to fill out the roster. CB, OT and OG. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How do people rank the CBs? I have seen Mitchell, Arnold, Wiggins and others flip flop at the top.

Whoever has the best YouTube highlight video is how I rank them.  If they have crappy music or slow-motion replays that last way too long, I typically drop them in the rankings.

• Like 3

The draft depends on how the staff feels about Munford vs the CB depth behind Hobbs/Jones. I’d rather bring a blue chip offensive lineman

Pennix and Nix are not the value I want at #13. Both could be fine players but we essentially picking our third string QB . If we didn’t have Minshew or AOC4 that’s a different story. Both have proven they can win games

Rattler, Travis, Milton or Pratt could man the #3 QB next season

Edited by bucksavage1