2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Do you want a QB who doesn’t take shots downfield or a QB who has to learn how to take the underneath stuff a little more. 

Getsy scheme does seem to have roots from the Shanny tree. However I do think his(Getsy) offense has more of a vertical threat to it. 

If you're referring to Nix and Penix, I don't think this characterization accurately describes either. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Broncos going to end up with McCarthy or Maye and break my heart. 

God I hope they sell the farm for JJ. They already sunk enormous assets into Russell, mortgage the future further and put JJ in a god awful situation.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

God I hope they sell the farm for JJ. They already sunk enormous assets into Russell, mortgage the future further and put JJ in a god awful situation.

Yup my sentiments exactly 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Maybe, or maybe they get coached up to their potential and then there’s 3 elite QBs the Raiders have to deal with 6x a year. Sean Payton knows how to coach up QBs I’d be concerned with whoever they draft. 

• Like 1

It really would be an awful situation for a raw QB - particularly when they don’t have a decent vet option so they would likely be rushed in and will have no draft assets and no money to build a team around the young QB.

If they were sensible they’d totally rebuild and if they feel like they have to have a young QB now, they’d be better off trading back and taking Nix

I've seen a few mocks where we land Jackson Powers-Johnson with the expectation he plays G.

That would not be a terrible pick. I am high on JPJ and view him as a top 15 caliber guy. I would prefer Fuaga, Fashanu, and Latham, though.

9 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

That would not be a terrible pick. I am high on JPJ and view him as a top 15 caliber guy. I would prefer Fuaga, Fashanu, and Latham, though.

Yeah I would need a small trade down if we went that route add a little more draft capitol.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Do you want a QB who doesn’t take shots downfield or a QB who has to learn how to take the underneath stuff a little more. 

Getsy scheme does seem to have roots from the Shanny tree. However I do think his(Getsy) offense has more of a vertical threat to it. 

I'm still not enamored with Getsy, but we really don't know much about his true schematic preferences, imo. 

He had Rodgers, who loved deep shots and sort of ran on autopilot. 

The he had Fields, who can't actually play QB. 

Two total extremes, imo. If nothing else, It'll be interesting to see what, exactly, Getsy's offense is meant to look like. 

IIRC, his time in GB was, by Rodgers standards, fairly run heavy- though whether it was more Getsy of the HC is sorta unknown. I do think it's interesting that we have White and Mattison, sor t of a poor man's version of Jones and Dillon. And along with Adams, Meyers, Tucker, and  Mayer, it's arguably the best receiving corps he's had to work with. 

I'm not a fan yet, but I think it may just be a case of getting the Chicago stench off. It's definitely looking like a ball of fresh clay though. 

• Like 1

Man, Hondo is too much sometimes. He asked his NFL exec buds where would current day AOC rank in this years draft class and he said they think he's a top 10 talent, first rounder every single day. At worst the 2nd best QB on their board.

Lol.

• Like 3