2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

AP and Daniels connection is real. He was in the Raiders locker room after the Broncos win in the final game of the season. I graduated from ASU know a couple of coaches that were on the staff. That connection is 100% real. AP was the reason why Daniels was even in Tempe. 

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

BTW if the vikings are truly gonna do 2 1sts + for JJ, as much as I like him, would much rather go BPA at 13 and try to trade up for Penix/Nix from 44. Honestly.

Getting Arnold or trading down to the late teens for an OT/Edge/DT would be a win for me. Arnold I think is actually being slept on and is really good. If he ran a little faster 40 he'd be talked about as a universal top 10 pick like Surtain IMHO.

i’d like to trade down slightly from 13 and draft a RT (Latham/Fuaga) and then trade up from 44 into the 1st to get Pennix OR if he’s not available a CB like Kool-Aid.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:08 AM, Darbsk said:

Seems like good work from the Front Office to me, nobody seems to know who were eyeing up and that’s better for us. Lot of smoke screens right now 🙂

Agreed. Several teams are trying to trade up. Best to keep them guessing 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Both things can be true.  We can both win now and get younger at the same time if we use our draft capital wisely and get good value with our picks.  

Let's not pretend this is a fringe SB team and the only way I see this team making a deep playoff run this year is if we end up drafting a superstar rookie QB.  

There is no doubt Adams is a stud and would be a valuable piece for a young QB but he is turning 32 next season and on the downside of his career.  This team also has many holes to fill and as good as Adams is this team has to look towards the future.  

Let's say we trade Adams for a late 1st and land a stud OT, CB or WR.  I would take a stud rookie at those positions, free up cap space long term all while getting 1st round value for Adams while his value is still high. 

Every team is looking to get younger in that they hope their draft picks hit. The Raiders seem to think they are a franchise quarterback away and are aggressively posturing to get one in this draft. If they do draft a quarterback, then the competitive window is the first 4 years of that player's deal. It's a risky bet for any rookie quarterback working out, and even moreso without Adams.

I also have my doubts that Adams gets a late first. I think a late date 2 or day 3 pick is more likely.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Every team is looking to get younger in that they hope their draft picks hit. The Raiders seem to think they are a franchise quarterback away and are aggressively posturing to get one in this draft. If they do draft a quarterback, then the competitive window is the first 4 years of that player's deal. It's a risky bet for any rookie quarterback working out, and even moreso without Adams.

I also have my doubts that Adams gets a late first. I think a late date 2 or day 3 pick is more likely.

The Raiders have been thinking they are contenders for over 20 years and are one of the more delusional franchises I have ever witnessed during that time span.  

Keeping Adams has not translated into wins and he is about to be 32 years old.  I do know that father time is undefeated and his best years are behind him.  Those are facts. The only way I see keeping Adams as a positive would be if we land a superstar QB...  Good luck with that.  Beyond landing a superstar QB this team is not a contender.  I live in reality, not fantasy land.

In term of compensation I would not give up a 1st for him if I was a GM, so I would agree with you there but I have seen some crazy things and could see a team like Buffalo or Baltimore trading their late 1st for him if they don't trade up for a WR in the draft. A 2nd is more likely but I would at least kick the tires to see what the market is.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

If it were me(Assuming we don't trade up Daniels):

Rd 1: Penix 

Rd 2: Rosengarten

Rd 3: Renardo green/ Max Melton 

Then go BPA the rest of the way 

Edited by Jeremy408

In 2021 Tom Telesco drafted Rashawn Slater with the 13th pick in the draft he’s 6”4 315 pounds. 

Troy Fautanu is 6”4 317 pounds 🤔 and the Raiders happen to have the 13th pick in the draft 

• Like 2

I stand that we should attack the trenches the first 3 picks. We have a really good/great DL, time to load up the OL. I would just Gardner the shot with a good OL, the best WR in the league, and a good defense. If he flops, then I would go QB in 2025. It would cost too much to get the QB3 this year, and I see too many flaws with the next 3 Prospects at 13. I would rather draft an OL stud. Build up that OL 

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

If it were me(Assuming we don't trade up Daniels):

Rd 1: Penix 

Rd 2: Rosengarten

Rd 3: Renardo green/ Max Melton 

Then go BPA the rest of the way 

Round 1:  Olumuyiwa Fashanu / JC Latham / Troy Fautanu 

Round 2: Mason Smith / Kris Jenkins / T'Vondre Sweat 

Round 3: Koran Amegadjie /  Mason McCormick / Zak Zinter 

those would be my top 3 targets in each round. Would shore up the OL, suddenly we have a young and athletic OL. One more DT in the mix too 

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

What If Daniels does a Eli Manning kind of thing?

This could just be me, but I wouldn't touch him in that case. 

Call me old school, but there are a lot of guys out there that would do nearly anything to play QB in the NFL, much less be a heralded first round pick. It's not like these guys come in with a real life 99 OVR and have actually proven anything, they're just the lucky ones being given first dibs at the opportunity and, by all accounts, being set up for life so long as they're not Vince Young level stupid.

I didn't care about Eli either way up until he pulled the Eli. Then I despised him. "What an entitled little sh*t" was my feeling towards him his entire overrated career- then I learned to despise him even more after living in New Orleans, but that's a different story. 

See, here's the thing. I am a Raider for life. Period. Had I been able to play all the way through college and get a shot at the NFL, I would have hoped every single second that the Raiders picked me or signed me. I would've thrown up had it been, say, the Chiefs. But I would have played. 

The only reason to pull an Eli is entitlement and a diva attitude. If you're likely to be good, that team's fans will cheer for you. If you're actually good, that team is going to make you obscenely wealthy. And the best part? You are under no obligation to sign an extension or a new deal with the team that drafted you. If you're good, someone will inevitably trade for you or pay you an obscene amount of money as a FA. 

These guys are already being given a ton of guarantees that very few ever get, especially as a first rounder. Wouldn't life just be perfect if everyone could pick who drafts them, right? Well.....look, these guys already have bloated and inflated egos stemming back from high schools jockeying for some of them and colleges throwing obscene privileges at them and treating each and every single one of them like the most unique and special individual to ever grace this planet. Call me old school, but the Draft is the first wake up call for a lot of these guys that life isn't Burger King and you can't just have it your way. 

Guys who go and grind, they have my respect. Could you imagine the let down of being drafted by the Browns since their revival? My God, Joe Thomas deserved sooooo much more. Loyalty means something to me. Not blind loyalty, of course, but reasonable loyalty. Guys who pull stunts like Eli, I'll never respect them. I know that type in person, and they frankly disgust me.

What happens when AP has a bad run and gets fired or things just don't immediately go Daniels' way? See, he's being celebrated and treated like God's gift to humanity right now, but that can change. He going to pout? Hold put for more money? Demand a trade? He doesn't want to be a Raider, he likes the prospect of being coddled by his sideline daddy. Heck, if the reports are true, he's basically advertising that much by being miffed that he wasn't coddled by Washington during a draft visit. 

His physical talent isn't in question, any more than it is for any prospect- will it actually translate to success? But his mental makeup and attitude? Well, see, now that is for me. He pulls an Eli, I hope he goes to elsewhwre and gets completely humbled. Then, if he's actually as talented as he appears to be, I'd gladly sign the grown up version of the boy wonder. But swinging any sort of Draft day deal? No way I'd be able to support it. I don't care how physically gifted someone is, an entitled brat is an entitled brat, and being someone's perceived franchise savior isn't fixing that. 

• Like 1