BDL 2017 Week 13: berlin blitkraig @ Camden Hoodrodents

DingoLadd

who wins  

12 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2017 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 13: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense
QB - Jameis Winston
RB - Lamar Miller
WR - Tyreek Hill
WR - DeSean Jackson
TE - Kyle Rudolph
TE - Hunter Henry
LT - Trent Williams
LG - Richie Incognito
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Gabe Jackson
RT - Taylor Moton

OL - Mike Pouncey
RB - Mike Gillislee
WR - Taylor Gabriel
WR - Chris Godwin
FB - Jalston Fowler

Defense
DE - Justin Houston
DT - Brandon Williams
DT - Mike Daniels
DE - Demarcus Lawrence
LB - Alec Ogletree
LB - Kiko Alonso
CB - AJ Bouye
CB - Ronald Darby
NB - Mike Hilton
S - Tashaun Gipson
S - Haha Clinton-Dix

DE - Deatrich Wise Jr
DE - Trey Hendrickson
DI - Adolphus Washington
DI - Carlos Watkins
LB - Vince Williams
CB - Eric Rowe
CB - Cre’Von Leblanc
S - Kentrell Brice

QB- Jacoby Brissett
RB- Devonta Freeman
WR- Josh Gordon
WR- Dede Westbrook
WR- Nelson Agholor
TE- Evan Engram
LT- Tyron Smith
LG- Joel Bitonio
C- Wesley Johnson
RG- Ron Leary
RT- Taylor Decker
-----------------------------------
RB- Duke Johnson
RB- Eddie Lacy
WR- Paul Richardson
WR- Cole Beasley
TE- David Njoku
TE- Virgil Green
OL- Ethan Pocic
OL- La'El Collins

DE- Chandler Jones
DT- Akiem Hicks
DT- David Irving
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
LB- Vontaze Burfict
LB- Anthony Barr
LB- Mychal Kendricks
CB- Kevin Johnson
CB- Kayvon Webster
S- Kevin Byard
S- Jamal Adams
----------------------------------
CB- Ahkello Witherspoon
CB- Chidobe Awuzie
CB- Kayvon Webster
DE- Preston Smith
DT- Sheldon Richardson
DT- Grady Jarrett
LB- Reggie Ragland
S- George Iloka

Ok, we’ve had a rough run of it lately, but we will win this week and get back into the playoffs!

Offense 
Jameis is back!  We want to attack the CBs of Camden with our deep speed.  To accomplish this, we will force them to put 8 in the box.  We are going to run at the edges of the Camden defense and make the defense move sideline-to-sideline.  We want to attack the LBs in coverage with our TEs as Burfict will likely get himself ejected after he gives up a few big catches.  Tyreek will be heavily involved as we will force feed him the ball as much as we functionally can.  From here, we will let Jameis air it out deep to Tyreek and DJax for huge gains.

Defense
We are going to trust our CBs to cover the WRs of Camden.  Darby and Bouye are studs on the outside and Hilton has been a beast for the Steelers in the slot this year.  We are going to have Gipson sit deep in single high to cover any deep shots to the WRs.  We think we can hold up in the secondary against their WRs.

We also think we can win in the trenches.  We have as good a front four as you’ll find in BDL.  Wesley Johnson sucks, Tyron has been hobbled, and Decker has never played RT, and that’s all the advantage we will need to win the trenches on a regular basis.

Haha will be playing up in the box to take the TE and give us numbers in the run game.  We trust him to handle the rookie Engram

We are going to use Alec and Kiko to take care of the RB and QB.  One LB will spy the QB from a middle zone.  This is to limit him as a run threat and take away quick crossing routes.  The other LB will have the RB in man coverage, but if the RB stays in to block, he will come on a delayed blitz.

Offense
This week we take on a Berlin team who would rather not show up than go through some adversity. This week they have a lineup they might like, so we expect them to show up and actually play this time. They bring a strong well rounded defense, so a well though out offensive game plan is important, but probably won't help.

Bombs away- This week we get our forgotten hero Josh Gordon back. We aren't going to waste any time getting him into the line up and getting him some targets. He and Westbrook on the outside give us some explosive players who can get down the field for Brissett. Agholor in the slot will get some quick passes to use his ability after the catch, he can work the intermediate part of the field with Evan Engram.

Establish the run to slow down the rush- With Freeman back, he gives us a legitimate presence on the ground. Berlin has a strong defensive line on the inside with a couple fat boys occupying space, but we'll use outside runs  and screens to force Houston and Lawrence to stand their ground rather than just rush blindly upfield. If they don't stay disciplined, Freeman and Johnson should have some success getting loose on those runs. 

Keep Duke Involved- Duke Johnson is probably the best receiving back in football, so we're going to keep him involved even with Freeman back. Berlin is going to have to commit a player to him whenever he's on the field. Lots of flexes out wide, a safety valve for Brissett and screen passes when he's in the game.

Extra protection for Brissett- Even with the run game working and having strong tackles, Berlin's pass rush will still get by on the edges from time to time, so Freeman and Johnson will help in the backfield to protect Brissett to give him time to work.

Defense
Berlin gets their QB back this week, so he'll probably decide to show up, and if he does here's how we plan to defend him.

Constant pressure- To add to our already ferocious pass rush across the board on our defensive line, we've inserted David Irving into the starting lineup to give us another interior monster. With the 4 of them combined having 36 sacks already on the year, we're going to be in Jameis' face all day.

Pressure leads to turnovers- With our pass rush getting to Winston, he'll do what he does and turn the ball over. My defensive line has the league leader in forced fumbles (Yannick Ngakoue) and my secondary has the league leader in interceptions (Kevin Byard) holding down the back end. Jameis WILL turn the ball over today, and that will kill their momentum.

Cover 2- With Berlins two best receivers being guys who can get down the field in a hurry, we'll play a lot of cover two today and allow our corners to be aggressive in press man technique today. Our LB's will be responsible for TE's and RB's throughout the day. Lamar Miller is a solid back, but we don't fear him to kill us today when Berlin is playing from behind.

On 12/3/2017 at 12:14 AM, DingoLadd said:

This is to limit him as a run threat and take away quick crossing routes.

Not sure who you think my QB is, but if you want to waste a defender as a spy that's ok with me!

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Camden is making these games really close IMO. I think a 100% Josh Gordon would make this more interesting but for now I don't trust those WRs to get anything done in that secondary.

Damn. Dudes first week back he goes for 20 YPC against one of the best corners in the game. What else do you want from him ?

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Damn. Dudes first week back he goes for 20 YPC against one of the best corners in the game. What else do you want from him ?

I want him to catch more than 36% of his balls (Yes, part of that is on Kizer but I can cherry pick stats too)

Surprisingly I watched a decent amount of that game and he was clearly a playmaker, I just think its going to take a couple more weeks for him to get back on the horse.

I'm gonna go with  Berlin here.  Both these qb's are gonna be under siege all game.  I just like the Berlin secondary a bit more with johnson and webster (whose tandomly both a starter and the fifth corner on the bench, which is also fun)

Archived