2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I hate that we need multiple safeties. Nothing worse than scouting safeties. If you don't have A22, don't bother. If you do, here's a typical evaluation.

60% no bearing on the play whatsoever
20-25% I think he executed the scheme as called, but not sure
10% I think he ****ed up, but not sure
5-10% Oooh, cool splash play 

For sure.  I've been trying to find some useful film on Trey Taylor from Air Force (this year's Jim Thorpe award winner) but it feels hopeless.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Just give this forum about a month. Once the combine/FA get here it's mock city.

Yup, I'm waiting until combine/RAS scores for mine. 

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Yup, I'm waiting until combine/RAS scores for mine. 

Yeah it's a weird coincidence. For 90% of teams in the league, you can't use combine measurements. But the Packers do seem to prefer drafted players meet certain athletic thresholds 

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah it's a weird coincidence. For 90% of teams in the league, you can't use combine measurements. But the Packers do seem to prefer drafted players meet certain athletic thresholds 

I don't believe this to be true. I believe most teams are looking for the best athletes that fit their system. You run a 4.7 as a CB, there aren't too many teams who still have you on their board after the combine. The Packers may stick to this to a greater degree than some, but it is nowhere near 90%. 

IMG-9657.jpg

Here’s a 3 round PFF one (I don’t pay for PFF)

This is all pending combine/pro day stuff, but I can see Gute going to the bulldog well again for Lassiter.

Cooper is probably going higher than this. He’s ILB1 and an absolute monster. 

20 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

IMG-9657.jpg

This is all pending combine/pro day stuff, but I can see Gute going to the bulldog well again for Lassiter.

I'm pretty big on Cooper .. would be an awesome pick at #41 or #57, but if he has a great combine he's probably going in round one.  I think ILB is a bigger need than most.  Campbell looks cooked, and Quay and McDuffie have their warts. 

• Like 2

biggest needs - the spine of our defense needs work. linebacker, slot corner, 2 safeties. wouldn't mind signing a safety and then drafting one, but we need to bring in 2 and take that position group seriously

not a big need but upgradeable - LT (Bahktiari is a big decision), RB2

never hurts to add more - edge, WR (if it's a clear value for an alpha, none of our current WRs are WR1 types) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I don't believe this to be true. I believe most teams are looking for the best athletes that fit their system. You run a 4.7 as a CB, there aren't too many teams who still have you on their board after the combine. The Packers may stick to this to a greater degree than some, but it is nowhere near 90%. 

We'll I'll put it this way. I downloaded all the RAS scores for each draft class and did some sorting. The Packers have the 6th highest RAS score over the last 5 years, and the 2nd highest RAS score over the last 10 years. Their minimum RAS score over the last 10 years was 6.49, which was the 3rd highest. So I don't the Packers draft solely on athleticism, but I'd argue their athletic thresholds are higher than league averages.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KQvpP1WrRWF2rjp03usF8vBxo2WSbfBYRhMsUydWrQk/edit?usp=sharing

Avg (10 year) Avg (5 year) Minimum
Packers 7.957 8.064 6.49
League 7.266 7.705 5.704

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Isherwood said:

IMG-9657.jpg

If we feel pretty good about Walker at LT or by some slim chance Bakh coming back, I like this draft a lot position wise.