2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

26 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Look at @Bcv’s response.

It’s accurate. Rodgers liked Rodgers ball. He didn’t like timing routes.

Why do you think suddenly now those quick outs to our tight ends work? Because Love throws it when it’s supposed to be thrown, not after scanning downfield for three seconds allowing defenders to get there.

It’s no wonder Cobb’s career high in yards per reception came when he was 29 years old and in Dallas.

Jayden Reed is going to be what Cobb could have been in Green Bay. Fringe HOF player.

Cobb lived and thrived in the "broken" play while in Green Bay.  I did an analysis of him once, way back when he going to be a free agent.  I want to say that like 60-70% of his catches and yards came off of broken plays in his huge year.

I came to the conclusion that anyone who signs him will need a QB who could extend plays, like Rodgers.  Or else?  Or else they were not going to get that kind of production.

I don't know about his time in Dallas, but I'll bet he didn't come close to matching his career year in GB.

Cobb also broken down big time, we all know that.  I wouldn't put him as a check mark against Rodgers at all.

Rodgers did, though, make a lot of money for MVS and Lazard.  He even made Allison look competent.

I saw the post about Graham.  I guess I felt like Graham was more or less washed when he came to GB and even moreso when he left.  Also?  We didn't utilize his size nearly enough, especially in the red zone.

I agree that the quick outs are much better now because of anticipation throws and not looking deep all the time.

We will see what becomes of Reed.  I hope you are right and that he becomes fringe HOF.   With all the talent we have at WR, it will be interesting to watch that room and see who gets to play their prime years with Love.

Powers-Johnson gonna be great for someone who leaves him in his phone booth. Not sure that's MLF who gets his guys out in space and downfield quite often.

Might be some of that Dillon "Just because he didnt do it a ton doesnt mean he cant" going on though. Getting 2nd level looks ok the few times he does it. not sure about when hes out moving laterally though. Just no plays of it Ive seen.

18 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

My initial impression of Taliese Fuaga was wrong, and I knew that after watching more game film, but he's destroying everyone he faces so far in Senior Bowl 1-on-1s, including absolutely embarrassing Laiatu Latu.

The only problem with Fuaga is he's no dancing bear.

He's got the range, just clean up the get off and he's a mainstay at tackle. Worst case you get Elgton at guard. imo

Edited by HighCalebR

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Powers-Johnson gonna be great for someone who leaves him in his phone booth. Not sure that's MLF who gets his guys out in space and downfield quite often.

Might be some of that Dillon "Just because he didnt do it a ton doesnt mean he cant" going on though. Getting 2nd level looks ok the few times he does it. not sure about when hes out moving laterally though. Just no plays of it Ive seen.

i like that he has experience playing OG and OC.  That versatility would be really nice with Myers entering a contract year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

i like that he has experience playing OG and OC.  That versatility would be really nice with Myers entering a contract year

Quite good at what he does. Just not totally sure the versatility matters if LaFleur wants to keep the tosses and the screens.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Quite good at what he does. Just not totally sure the versatility matters if LaFleur wants to keep the tosses and the screens.

Yeah.  Like you said, is it an issue of can't do it or wasn't asked to do it.

• Like 1

MLF often enthused this year about how much some of the rookies loved football.  I think mostly that was for offensive guys. 

I wonder whether the Packers scouts ever tweak their ranking framework to increase the weighting for love-for-the-game?  Or for football intelligence?  Seems on defense we've often gone for measurables, but haven't always gotten the smartest guys.  Josh Jones, Randall.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, craig said:

MLF often enthused this year about how much some of the rookies loved football.  I think mostly that was for offensive guys. 

I wonder whether the Packers scouts ever tweak their ranking framework to increase the weighting for love-for-the-game?  Or for football intelligence?  Seems on defense we've often gone for measurables, but haven't always gotten the smartest guys.  Josh Jones, Randall.  

It's just a combo of all things. and its not a packer centric problem.

• Like 1

For sure.  I'm just wondering if they review and tweak their process periodically?  I don't imagine they really have a computer formula, but if I did I'd have all kinds of factors included, each with their own weighting factor.  I might tweak some of those weighting factors periodically.  

Just started peeking at CBs.  First impression is I really like how Kool Aid tackles.  I think he is very handsy though, and I am concerned that he may not get away with some of that contact in the NFL.  Even in his highlights, there is a lot of hand fighting during routes and some very close to PI pass break-ups.  I think I like Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw better than Kool Aid right now.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Just started peeking at CBs.  First impression is I really like how Kool Aid tackles.  I think he is very handsy though, and I am concerned that he may not get away with some of that contact in the NFL.  Even in his highlights, there is a lot of hand fighting during routes and some very close to PI pass break-ups.  I think I like Terrion Arnold and Ennis Rakestraw better than Kool Aid right now.  

Rakestraw can play. But he tried helping a foe up... need more dawwwg in him