2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Some of you are gonna hate this but we're absolutely going to take a second round WR this year.

That is a very TT, James Jones/Jordy Nelson move.  I can see it, but the value really has to be there.  Personally, I would wait until next draft when Watson and Doubs are pending FAs the following offseason (2 years from now) so that I am not cornered into paying both of them.  And then you do it again with Reed and Wicks the following season.  I like the idea, I just think it is a season early.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is a very TT, James Jones/Jordy Nelson move.  I can see it, but the value really has to be there.  Personally, I would wait until next draft when Watson and Doubs are pending FAs the following offseason (2 years from now) so that I am not cornered into paying both of them.  And then you do it again with Reed and Wicks the following season.  I like the idea, I just think it is a season early.  

This year just has so many big-bodied WRs with athleticism that value with one of our 2nds might be too good to pass up. Perfect year for us to snag a good value pick. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

Interesting. Most places I've seen don't have an off ball linebacker in round one. Jeremiah is the only one I've seen so far with Cooper that high.

Cooper is going to be a stud.  Would love to snag him in round two, but he's probably going to test well and be a factor in round one.

I love how everyone is sleeping on Kool Aid. Greater chance of him falling to us at 25.  Terrion Arnold had an excellent season and is getting all the attention lately (I would love if he were our pick too btw) but Kool Aid balled out all 3 years at a high level!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

This year just has so many big-bodied WRs with athleticism that value with one of our 2nds might be too good to pass up. Perfect year for us to snag a good value pick. 

I thought that all those WR's would play nicely into a team like the Chiefs who really need better WR's and will be picking late in the draft.

It would be fine for us to look at one, but really Wicks, Reed and even Heath really screwed that up for us.

49 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I love how everyone is sleeping on Kool Aid. Greater chance of him falling to us at 25.  Terrion Arnold had an excellent season and is getting all the attention lately (I would love if he were our pick too btw) but Kool Aid balled out all 3 years at a high level!

Let's wait for all the workout numbers to come out.  But just watching the little bit that I have so far, I like Arnold a ton more.  Kool Aid looks like PI waiting to happen, IMO.  

Just now, beekay414 said:

I really don't want another first round DB. Keep building that DL. Give me Sweat or Jenkins then take a DB at 41. 

Draft or FA, I agree that the LOS is a better place to focus on adding talent.