2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

22 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I still think this guy has "Packers" written all over him.  I'm cool with a trade up for him.  I don't think he's going super high ..maybe late teens, early 20's.  

If hes still there at 18 we start looking at trade up packages.  Period.

2 hours ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Rakestraw at 25 and Cooper at 41 is my dream scenario as it stands. Cooper is a freak athlete so I'm sure his stock will skyrocket after the combine. 25 is a possibility. 

Trying not to be the Rakestraw homer, because I went to the same school, but I really like his ability to play either inside or out at corner.  He has to gain some weight, but other wise I like him.  He also has some of that Jaire cockiness to him.

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Trying not to be the Rakestraw homer, because I went to the same school, but I really like his ability to play either inside or out at corner.  He has to gain some weight, but other wise I like him.  He also has some of that Jaire cockiness to him.

I'd be good with any of Rakestraw, Arnold, Mitchell or DeJean there. But Mitchell's probably my favorite. 

If three of them are off the board I'd trade up. 

Under the disclaimer, of course, that we don't even have ras scores yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isherwood said:

25 is typically rich for a linebacker, but Cooper is my guy. If he’s a real deal player like I think he is, and he hits, I’ll never think about the value again. 

I don’t know about any character concerns. Haven’t heard that. He does kind of sound like a dumbass when he talks, but I don’t mind that - his instincts are so good. Now if he’s a dumbass and it gets him into trouble that’s another thing. I haven’t heard that at all. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think Rakestraw is having a core muscle surgery, so that will probably drop him down a bit.  

35 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I don’t know about any character concerns. Haven’t heard that. He does kind of sound like a dumbass when he talks, but I don’t mind that - his instincts are so good. Now if he’s a dumbass and it gets him into trouble that’s another thing. I haven’t heard that at all. 

I heard it on a couple various youtube podcasts, so who knows the validity?  One guy could have said it, and then another one parroted it.  Heard it on two different podcasts, but it was just no namers.

• Like 1

Quick one nflmockdraftdatabase

Edited by fattlipp

Don't really get too much into pre-combine mocks, but decided to run a quick one through Pro Football Network's simulator and pulled this off, lol: 

(25) - Jer'Zhan Newton (DT) - Ilinois

(41) - Ennis Rakestraw (CB) - Missouri

(58) - Cooper Beebe (OG) - KSU

(88) - Jaden Hicks (S) - Wash St.

(91) - Junior Colston (ILB) - Michigan

(129 - trade) - Emani Bailey (RB) - TCU

(167) - LaDarius Henderson (OT) - Michigan

(178- trade) - Erick All (TE) - Iowa

(203) - Mark Perry (S) - TCU

(242) - Isaac Guerendo (RB) - Louisville

(250) - Storm Duck (CB) - Louisville

For those on the Cooper LB hype train. Take a listen to the Pocket Presence pod with Kurt Benkert.

Talks to a current packer scout…when they get to the discuss on “unicorns” and fred Warner of SF. It’s easy to see GB wanting to have Quay and Cooper in the middle of the defense.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1