2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

This is why Chad Reuter is a joke. Every team in the top 9 could possibly need a quarterback by the end of the season. I took my green and gold glasses off for that one. The Bears, Cardinals, Broncos and Giants definitely do. Whether they are smart enough to get one is another subject. 

2024 NFL Draft order: Bears holding top two picks thanks to trade

On 10/15/2023 at 10:18 PM, Packerraymond said:

@CWood21 you watched Fuaga at Oregon State yet?

I've found my Cooper DeJean if I was @MacReady. Taliese Fuaga is exactly what this team needs in round 1. Move Tom to LT, buy a RG in FA and draft Fuaga and just maul people on the right side of that line.

I was thinking yesterday...  If we can get Jon Runyan Jr at like 3 million per, do we do it?  That puts him somewhere in the mid 30s for guard compensation, and then it is just one less thing to worry about.  Something like 4 years 14 million or so? You don't win because of JRJ, but I think you can win with him.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I was thinking yesterday...  If we can get Jon Runyan Jr at like 3 million per, do we do it?  That puts him somewhere in the mid 30s for guard compensation, and then it is just one less thing to worry about.  Something like 4 years 14 million or so? You don't win because of JRJ, but I think you can win with him.  

Yes.  In a heartbeat.  It is kind of the Lane Taylor, Lucas Patrick kind of deal.  Even if he isn't starting, he's a nice insurance policy.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You don't win because of JRJ, but I think you can win with him.  

Yes, quite. I do believe the current problem lies more with the coaching than the players and it applies as much to the O line as anywhere else. I do think Stenavich would be at his best, going back to O line coach.

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Absolutely, you sign him up for that and then spend your 4th round pick every year for the next 3 years trying to upgrade him. 

On 10/15/2023 at 10:18 PM, Packerraymond said:

@CWood21 you watched Fuaga at Oregon State yet?

After you mentioned him the other day, I took a look at him.  He's interesting for sure.  Not sure I saw the nastiness that you mentioned in the film against Utah, but looked like good movement skills with strong enough hands.  Feel like there was some technique work there to adjust.  Kick slide was alright.  I'm not sure he'll ever be considered an elite pass protector, but I don't think he's going to have issues in pass protection.  I'm not super familiar with their LT, but interesting he's their starting RT.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

After you mentioned him the other day, I took a look at him.  He's interesting for sure.  Not sure I saw the nastiness that you mentioned in the film against Utah, but looked like good movement skills with strong enough hands.  Feel like there was some technique work there to adjust.  Kick slide was alright.  I'm not sure he'll ever be considered an elite pass protector, but I don't think he's going to have issues in pass protection.  I'm not super familiar with their LT, but interesting he's their starting RT.

I wouldn't call it nastiness, just elite drive skills. I have him OT3 now, top 20 player in this class. Their LT is a mid round NFL guy, but he's been starting their forever. Probably a loyalty thing, or maybe the skillet for Fuaga fits better at RT.

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Interesting thoughts. Not sure what I'd do if any of these teams offered what has been mentioned in this article. 

NFL Rumors: 3 Jaire Alexander trade packages Packers can't refuse (msn.com)

It's an interesting thought exercise, but I don't think there's any way you trade Jaire unless you've completely lost faith in Jordan Love.  But from those 3 trades, unless you really believe in Kaiir Elam or Cam Smith, you take that Eagles' package.  All 3 FRPs are probably going to be in that 27-32 range, so you can call it a wash.  And for the foreseeable future, you have to imagine that those FRPs in 2025 are going to be valued similarly.  So it comes down to the Eagles' SRP vs. Cam Smith vs. Kaiir Elam.  Smith comes with 3 additional years of team control, while comes with 3 year albeit that 3rd year being very expensive.