2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

We have a word for people who choose to ignore published facts. You don't want to be grouped in with Rodgers now do ya?

LOL I said I dont think he's got the quicks of CMC or Jones. Post a link where quicks are broken down.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL I said I dont think he's got the quicks of CMC or Jones. Post a link where quicks are broken down.

the best source available to objectively compare their quickness would be the 10yd split

GIpNarSXoAApkBM?format=jpg&name=900x900

christian-mccaffrey-ras-13459.png?resize

CMC has an elite 3cone, and we don't have an objective measure of Shipley's. So we have to add subjectivity for that one. I think I saw that shiftiness on tape 100%. CMC might have greasier hips as a prospect, I don't remember (time suggests he doesn't have many peers in that department) - but Shipley has elite open-field ability as well.

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Absolutely. He looks just like him to me. I knew absolutely nothing about Will Shipley other than @beekay414 liked him for GB

Turned him on, immediately jumped out to me thst his play style is exactly like CMC. Looks like his twin catching the ball. Excellent, excellent vision and patience between the tackles. 

Looks like a damn stud to me. Easily worth a late 1st. 

Then saw his RAS and it was all confirmed for me. 

He is the 108th ranked player on the consensus big board this morning and 8th overall RB. Not everyone needs to be a 1st round pick, the Packers have picks in the other rounds also. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the best source available to objectively compare their quickness would be the 10yd split

CMC has an elite 3cone, and we don't have an objective measure of Shipley's. So we have to add subjectivity for that one. I think I saw that shiftiness on tape 100%. CMC might have greasier hips as a prospect, I don't remember (time suggests he doesn't have many peers in that department) - but Shipley has elite open-field ability as well.

Yes....and I added my subjectivity when I watched the video....leading me to conclude (subjectively, mind you...) that Shipley doesnt have the quicks of either CMC or Jones...while adding that I wasnt trashing Shipley.

So...that matter concluded....I'm moving on and will see how the draft plays out.

• Like 1

Just now, R T said:

He is the 108th ranked player on the consensus big board this morning and 8th overall RB. Not everyone needs to be a 1st round pick, the Packers have picks in the other rounds also. 

i don't give two schits about a consensus big board lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Not sure why but I thought McCaffrey was bigger than that.

As for Shipley, I thought I heard or read somewhere that he tends to have ball security issues at times.  Is that correct @beekay414?

yeah, i had no idea how identical they are physically and testing-wise before I thought he looked like him on the field. The measurement stuff was confirmation thereafter.

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Exercise in futility until you get his pro day numbers. These are all estimated.