2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

Signing Dillon just means you only need 1 rookie RB instead of 2. You can use him in those pass pro and other situations where you feel you can depend on him and work the rookie into more and more responsibility over the course of the season. If you don't resign Dillon you are basically having to count on 2 rookies. This way you can get one guy this year and another next year. If they happen to find 2 RB that are good value maybe they do that and see how camp goes, but I imagine right now they'd expect Dillon to be on the roster.

I fully expect the 2024 RB room to be Jacobs, Dillon and a rookie.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Sure.  Can you pick one of those up at the corner store for cheap for GB.  Thanks!!

I get what you are saying.  But having diversity in an offense is also important.   Different skillsets adds more to an offense.  

Its a pretty weak RB class, not easy to find.

Agree,  diversity is important In the RB room, but at what roster spot cost?  

Just now, incognito_man said:

i probably poisoned his name on here now coming out so strong for him :)

I have faith.  A year ago, your (and beekay's) vigorous support of Love paid off handsomely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The idea that Gute just wants bigger RB's, and wouldn't be interested in a player like Shipley is a little nuts to me. Gute signed Jones to a 4Y/48M contract 3 years ago, and I'd think GB fans and FO alike would agree that Jones has been a primary engine of the offense since that deal was signed.  Shipley comes in at 5'11" 206 lb while Jones is listed at 5'9" 208. 

Shipley's pro-day numbers for the 40 (4.39) and 10-yd split (1.54) were slightly faster vs what is shown below, along with a top 3 short shuttle (4.11) and tie for best 3-cone (6.81) among RB's.  Now there are GB fans who think Gute won't be interested in a RB with this profile?  I just don't get it.

d83bc8aa0c151802a068ef0c01996b3a100ee0b7

People are acting like a 206 lb back is tiny. Sure, he'll probably always on a 10-15 touch guy like Jones was, but why would Gute turn his nose to that? 

He's just always had that guy on his roster already. 

Still, I don't think we take a RB until late round 3 at the earliest, and I doubt Shipley lasts that long. 

29 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Dominick puni is a guy i am looking at in r3 or r4, maybe could flip to rg

He's one of my guys too. 

Nice thing about this draft - I feel like we don't need to worry about o-line. Seems to be about 3-4 players available that I like from rounds 1-3 no matter there I am in mock simulators. Just too many good options to not snag a couple.

16 minutes ago, Sandy said:

He's one of my guys too. 

Nice thing about this draft - I feel like we don't need to worry about o-line. Seems to be about 3-4 players available that I like from rounds 1-3 no matter there I am in mock simulators. Just too many good options to not snag a couple.

Only minus on Puni is that he's already 24, but we may not care about that as much in mid rounds.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Its a pretty weak RB class, not easy to find.

Agree,  diversity is important In the RB room, but at what roster spot cost?  

I think its weak at the top but pretty deep in the third tier of players. A lot of guys I could be excited about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have faith.  A year ago, your (and beekay's) vigorous support of Love paid off handsomely.

Much like Love, I was pretty much staunchly first on Shipley. Just needed Incog's voice to get the forum juices flowing lol. 

I'm gonna do what I did in 2020 and talk it into existence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

He's one of my guys too. 

We need to address the Oline.  We're a Rasheed Walker regress from a disaster.   Get at least 2 in this draft.

• Like 1