2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

6 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Stupid food for thought- because I'm bored- but who wants to steal a QB like Joe Milton in the 3rd or 4th?

This isn't a bad year to take a luxury pick.  We do have 11 picks and IMO a pretty good roster already.  But any extra QB you keep also costs a Corey Ballentine or Malik Heath when making the roster.

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This isn't a bad year to take a luxury pick.  We do have 11 picks and IMO a pretty good roster already.  But any extra QB you keep also costs a Corey Ballentine or Malik Heath when making the roster.

Makes sense. You probably couldn't stash a Day 2/Round 4 QB on the PS, could you?

4 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Makes sense. You probably couldn't stash a Day 2/Round 4 QB on the PS, could you?

He'd have to be absolutely awful in preseason.  And even then, teams that sniff around other practice squads (like the Packers) probably think long and hard about poaching him if they liked him in the draft process.  Say we are 5-10 at the end of the season, the Packers would absolutely roster a QB they were high on in the draft process.  And I imagine there are plenty of other teams that would as well. 

PFF Mock simulator is pretty consistent with who’s available each time you try it but occasionally players will fall into your lap. 

1-25 DL Jer’Zhan Newton (A)

2-41 LB Payton Wilson (A)

2-58 EDGE Chris Braswell (A+)

3-88 RB Blake Corum (B+)

3-91 CB Max Melton (B)

First time I’ve seen Braswell fall to 58.  Brooks and Wright were gone by 88 so it was between Corum and Irving.  At 91, I went with Melton but was tempted to take S Calen Bullock out of USC. He needs to put on some weight bcuz he’s 6’3/190 and will need it esp in run defense.  But he’s versatile in coverage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Not to mention, Clifford is Him. 

If, by Him, you mean the man that cleans out my ****ter when I go to the campground? Then yes. 

Clifford the big red dog ****. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

PFF Mock simulator is pretty consistent with who’s available each time you try it but occasionally players will fall into your lap. 

1-25 DL Jer’Zhan Newton (A)

2-41 LB Payton Wilson (A)

2-58 EDGE Chris Braswell (A+)

3-88 RB Blake Corum (B+)

3-91 CB Max Melton (B)

First time I’ve seen Braswell fall to 58.  Brooks and Wright were gone by 88 so it was between Corum and Irving.  At 91, I went with Melton but was tempted to take S Calen Bullock out of USC. He needs to put on some weight bcuz he’s 6’3/190 and will need it esp in run defense.  But he’s versatile in coverage. 

Yes they need to add some randomness i think..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If, by Him, you mean the man that cleans out my ****ter when I go to the campground? Then yes. 

Clifford the big red dog ****. 

#6shooter