2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

In fairness, I put a number up there that was so high, it should have been unbelievable. LOL! 

No way it was unbelievable. Being at least .2 seconds worse than expected seems reasonable if you're not yet recovered from a leg injury. It really should've been five-plus-whatever.

That said, did we get any real numbers from the guy yesterday?

Edited by Zycho32

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You mention taking a guy with an injury....

The minute we re-signed Dillon, I thought that Brooks (RB) became a bigger possibility for us.

Brooks would be really nice, but I think Isaac Guerendo is the perfect mid-round change-of-pace back with Jacobs and Dillon. Badgers fans have already seen this dynamic play out with Braelon. Assuming the Packers feel good about his lengthy medical history, that is. 

2 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

No way it was unbelievable. Being at least .2 seconds worse than expected seems reasonable if you're not yet recovered from a leg injury. It really should've been five-plus-whatever.

That said, did we get any real numbers from the guy yesterday?

Somebody posted here yesterday that he would be doing a private workout with teams at some point. He did not work out yesterday from the reports. 

33 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Somebody posted here yesterday that he would be doing a private workout with teams at some point. He did not work out yesterday from the reports. 

Doesn't he (DeJean) have a [still] broken leg? I thought it was a fractured tib/fib, but I can't recall.  Maybe it is in his foot.

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Doesn't he (DeJean) have a [still] broken leg? I thought it was a fractured tib/fib, but I can't recall.  Maybe it is in his foot.

He said at the combine it was a fractured fibula. Said he had just started running and he was planning to work out before draft but not at Pro Day. So the fact he did not work out yesterday is not a surprise. 

• Like 2

Just watched a clip of Trey Benson and he scored a TD every time he touched the ball, a player that scores a TD every time he touches the ball should be the first overall pick. The Packers should trade as many future picks as it takes to trade up to draft this guy. 

Signed, Draft season fan scouting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DecoctionMash said:

Brooks would be really nice, but I think Isaac Guerendo is the perfect mid-round change-of-pace back with Jacobs and Dillon. Badgers fans have already seen this dynamic play out with Braelon. Assuming the Packers feel good about his lengthy medical history, that is. 

Hard no here. The guys was 3rd string at UW and 2nd or 3rd string at Louisville too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

DeJean is working out April 15. That's "his" Pro Day.

17 hours ago, R T said:

Would be surprised if they drafted Melton with his brother on the roster as a fringe player. 

Don't think that would preclude the Packers from taking Melton.  Doubt it would even be a consideration.  Also Bo is a little more than just a fringe player IMO.  He's more of a lock to make the 53 than Dillion is.  

Kiper had the Packers taking Latu in his latest mock. That would be a home-run pick IMO, however, I truly wonder whether he's even on the Packers' board at all due to the neck injury. My guess would be that the Packers wouldn't go there.

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Kiper had the Packers taking Latu in his latest mock. That would be a home-run pick IMO, however, I truly wonder whether he's even on the Packers' board at all due to the neck injury. My guess would be that the Packers wouldn't go there.

Latu is one of the most anti-Packers picks for the first round there is this year. Big injury history, average to poor physical testing, arms on the shorter side. He would be a fairly big surprise. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, R T said:

Latu is one of the most anti-Packers picks for the first round there is this year. Big injury history, average to poor physical testing, arms on the shorter side. He would be a fairly big surprise. 

He also turns 24 as a rookie.  I think Kiper's using the Packers as a free space for "I think this guy's going in the first, no idea where" again.

12 minutes ago, R T said:

I wouldn't agree on his testing. He's a plus-9 RAS with an average Vert and Broad (but so was Van Ness). No agility scores yet that I am aware of, but the guy is a smooth mover so I bet the agility scores would actually turn out fairly well. 

The injury history, I agree, probably disqualifies him altogether. Packers don't mess around with neck/back injuries. 

18 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

He also turns 24 as a rookie.  I think Kiper's using the Packers as a free space for "I think this guy's going in the first, no idea where" again.

A lot of mock sites struggle with Packer picks. It always defaulted to an OT in previous months (because Bakhtiari) but lately it is usually CB/S DeJean.

If  DL Byron Murphy (who often seems to drop to 25) is gone, along with 5-6 OTs gone and the top 4 CBs (including DeJean) off the board and no Powers-Johnson either, which seems very possible, then apart from Graham Barton I'm not sure who the Packer's pick is. I guess DL Jer'Zhan Newton is in play, maybe Edge Chop Robinson, if the Packers are not that concerned about having a 250lb edge.

I'd be fine with a trade down, but that means finding a fair deal with someone who wants to come up, which is never a sure thing, or even close to that.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive