2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Tom is the RT 1000000% next season

I think we got a glimpse of just how good Tom is at RT last year when he got hurt in the playoff game against SF. We were driving up and down the field until he went down and then our last 4 possessions went to **** with him out. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If these are accurate, go ahead and burn any mock you have with us taking him at 41 or 58. 

6'1'' 208.  

4.58 40 yard dash.

33 vertical

9'11'' broad jump

4.16 short shuttle

7.16 3 cone

11 bench

21st overall pick in the 2014 draft.  Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Seen a lot of speculation on us drafting someone to upgrade RG early. Does everybody hate the idea of drafting a tackle early and kicking Tom inside?

0% chance that happens.

21 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like we always talk about the Packers taking an OL in the first because it's defensible strategically, and it's not like they're spending a FRP on non-QB skill position on offense, but it just so rarely happens.  Like in the 20 first round picks the Packers have made since TT took over, there have been as many first round QBs as OL (2).  Some of this could be attributed to who they had in house, but again they spend as many FRPs on QBs as OL.

Like I certainly wouldn't object to drafting a good OL at 25, but the Packers seem to have the secret sauce for getting guys in rounds 2-5 anyway.

I mean, the Packers have been fortunate to have had a franchise LT in place (Clifton originally and Bakhtiari lately), and they've been pretty solid at RT (Tauscher originally, Bulaga after him, and then now Tom) that they haven't really "needed" an OT.

17 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Looks like I'm one of the few that thinks Edgerrin Cooper is a legitimate target at #25.    I understand people's concerns over his fit with Quay, but #1- I think he's a better prospect coming out than Quay and #2- I think they can coexist just fine.   I'd make Walker the Mike and Cooper the Will but could be interchangeable.  Quay did a lot of the dirty work at Georgia taking on blocks and filling holes and until Cooper has a year or two to add 10lbs, will be the bigger body.  McKinney is going to have the green dot anyway so both Walker and Cooper can just play fast and instinctive.

This whole off-ball LB class as a whole is a whole lot of prospects leaving a LOT to be desired.

With the frequency with which the Packers draft looking at players they don't expect to have after the next 1-2 seasons though, it is telling that they still haven't drafted an OT in the first round, particularly given that they probably knew they couldn't rely on Bakhtiari for the last couple seasons.  Like when Bulaga was going to be out the door after the 2019 season, they drafted Jenkins in the 2nd as their third pick of the draft instead of like Dillard or Taylor who could have been had with the Savage pick.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kool-Aid is so smooth in coverage, but he couldn't care any less about tackling than he does. Not sure Hafley will be pounding the table for that.

I think he's more 41 material versus 25 from the Packers' perspective. There would have to be value there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReasonablySober said:

Why?

He was arguably a top 3 RT last year.  It clearly works.  You don't mess with something that works because something else might be better.