2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Interesting thought, but no.

I'm pretty okay with Clifford behind Love.  No need for a highly drafted 3rd QB.

We really need to re-vamp the offensive line and now we also need help in the secondary at both the safety position and cornerback position.  We need enough to hold onto those picks and not burn them to "push" a QB who is already showing some signs of progression.  

Damn ... isn't it something that the Packers have consistently over the years drafted cornerbacks and are still looking.  It just sucks that the position just can't get filled adequately.  I'd be very happy if a drafted cb could stay healthy and contribute on a regular basis game after game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I need to see the rest of the season.  There is a universe where Stokes and Alexander get healthy and Valentine rounds out a solid top 3.  We then are possibly looking at finding a pure slot guy or rolling with the cheap guys we currently have and typical udfa corner guys we pull in every year.  

BUT that is still contingent on Stokes and Alexander.  

And that is one hell of a big IF .. past performance doesn't indicate that.

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I do not want Minnesota to draft Jayden Daniels. 

I just don't see Daniels being good in the NFL.  Don't get me wrong, the tools and production the last 2 years have to make you wonder what Arizona State wasn't doing right but 2 guys who are probably top 64 picks at WR in Malik Nabers and Brian Thomas.  This isn't the LSU of old that was a smash mouth, grind-it-out football team.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I just don't see Daniels being good in the NFL.  Don't get me wrong, the tools and production the last 2 years have to make you wonder what Arizona State wasn't doing right but 2 guys who are probably top 64 picks at WR in Malik Nabers and Brian Thomas.  This isn't the LSU of old that was a smash mouth, grind-it-out football team.

The two things that give me some pause is he going through more than 1-2 progressions before running and he throwing under duress. I haven’t seen that too much on tape. 

Just because I haven’t seen it, doesn’t mean it’s not there. 

I see a playmaking, great athlete with accuracy at all levels. 

I bet there’ll be a spirited discussion about Maye and Daniels. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I need to see the rest of the season.  There is a universe where Stokes and Alexander get healthy and Valentine rounds out a solid top 3.  We then are possibly looking at finding a pure slot guy or rolling with the cheap guys we currently have and typical udfa corner guys we pull in every year.  

BUT that is still contingent on Stokes and Alexander.  

I'm taking a corner with an early pick round 2-3.

At the very least, we need better depth because you simply cannot count on JA or Stokes at this point and time.  They are going to miss games.  

And I'm not opposed to re-signing Savage to a low end deal to be a slot corner.

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The talent at WR doesn't seem to have hindered CJ Stroud from being a good NFL QB right out of the gate. Jayden Daniels is not quite the runner Lamar Jackson is, but he's twice the passer. 

I don't know what his career will look like, but it he's there in round 2, I'm taking him. 

Plus, Arizona State sucks and they had Herm Edwards as the coach. He's hardly been successful anywhere he's been and certainly not a quarterback guru. 

Edited by Old Guy