2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In hindsight, the best part of the Kiper/Tobin feud is that it started with Kiper going on his rant because Tobin passed on Trent Dilfer at #5 overall.

That's right! But they took a LB out of Nebraska who turned out to be a complete bust. In fact, the Colts had picks 1, 5 in the draft and both picks busted, hard. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Kind of looks like another "worst case scenario" for how the first round falls.  But man, those first 4 players would be just fantastic.

Darius Robinson is one of my "dark horse" first round guys for GB.  Getting him in the second while still getting Cooper in the second would cause me to, to.....well, it would cause me to want to do a cartwheel into a backflip, but instead of that, I'd pour some expensive bourbon into a glass and just enjoy it.  Because life would be oh so good in that moment.

what's the pour?

3 hours ago, ReasonablySober said:

The best draft coverage comes from the people you most like listening to, with the fewest commercials.

You can get instant scouting reports for any prospect you want with a few clicks on a keyboard. Watch the draft that has your personal favorite hang. 

I really like that Mute guy

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

In hindsight, the best part of the Kiper/Tobin feud is that it started with Kiper going on his rant because Tobin passed on Trent Dilfer at #5 overall.

He did win a superbowl though. 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Adam Rank, another guy I don't like listening too. Day after the draft he's going to be talking about the Bears going to the playoffs and making some noise. 

iirc last year he had them going like 13-3 and winning the division lol.  He's the biggest homer on NFL Network by miles.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Adam Rank, another guy I don't like listening too. Day after the draft he's going to be talking about the Bears going to the playoffs and making some noise. 

Adam Rank is legit one of my favorite NFL Network guys. 

I watch him speak, and it's like one of those historical "What If" stories you used to see back when the History Channel first started to implode. "What if the Nazi's developed the atomic bomb first?" Except they're all Chicago Bears themed.

"What if Justin Fields was an elite NFL QB?" Well ****, I don't know Adam, why don't you tell me about it? Really? Superbowl MVP? You think so?

It's like his entire world view is centered around the fundamentally wrong assumption that the Bears management is not only competent, but actually hyper competent, bordering on genius. I love it. 

• Like 3

Going back 10 years, by the time the Packers were on the clock, I think my preferences were

'14: Kelvin Benjamin (was Clinton-Dix)
'15: Denzel Perryman (Randall)
'16: Jaylon Smith (Clark)
'17: Reuben Foster (King)
'18: Derwin James, but I loved getting the 1st for moving down (Alexander)
'19: Dexter Lawrence (Gary)
'20: Patrick Queen (Love)
'21: Either Samuel Jr. or Rondale Moore (Stokes)
'22: George Pickens (Walker, Wyatt)
'23: Dalton Kincaid, but once Carter started to fall I was screaming. Bijan was my favorite (LVN)

Looking back most years my favorites were long gone by the time the Packers were on the board, but probably would have turned out bad anyway.

On 4/15/2024 at 12:58 AM, Zycho32 said:

Oh yes. We were playing this game with Jenkins in '22 because his contract was almost up and the worry was we'd have to pay him premium Tackle money in an extension. Last year we gave lip service to converting one of our CBs into Safety(the favorite seemed to be Rasul, but then we traded him). You can even go back to the prior decade and see such tidbits as possibly bringing Clay inside once his pass rush skills started to decline.

Except we did in certain sub-packages where he blitzed off B-gap, which worked for exactly 3 games and then we never saw it again...

I get it though...kind of annoying IMO.

On 4/16/2024 at 7:18 AM, Mazrimiv said:

After years of discussing whether the careers of both Favre and Rogers were hamstrung by mediocre WR rooms, I am finding this new debate about whether GB should pay elite young WR's quite amusing. Lack of talent at WR was always the goto argument for the ARDS.

They were both hamstrung by crap "bend don't break" defenses with one or two guys who had to shoulder all the work. The 2011 team is part-n-parcel proof of this...

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

He did win a superbowl though. 😜

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Kincaid got his share last year but JSN had to be right up there?

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1