2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

If I were selecting a quarterback in this draft that I'd draft with the idea of sitting a couple of years to develop, it would be JJ McCarthy. He's got a good skill set but he's going to need to sit, watch, and learn for a while. Then he has a chance to succeed. No chance he's ready to go in his rookie year. 

He will be 21 his entire rookie year. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If I were selecting a quarterback in this draft that I'd draft with the idea of sitting a couple of years to develop, it would be JJ McCarthy. He's got a good skill set but he's going to need to sit, watch, and learn for a while. Then he has a chance to succeed. No chance he's ready to go in his rookie year. 

He will be 21 his entire rookie year. 

Yah I like him too.  Could turn out to be pretty good in the NFL.  He's been rising up the boards late 1st early 2nd rounder.  Be interesting to see where he gets drafted.  Thought maybe the Pack would have taken a look but with Love coming on probably not now.  

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I need outsider thoughts because I'm not certain but...

Is Braelon Allen a Green Bay match?

If they want a 2-back system and don't want to pay Dillon, I don't see much of a better match in CFB. Dillon is probably a decent pro comp for him. Athletically gifted for a big man, but not gifted enough to be like Henry, just a #2 bruiser.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If they want a 2-back system and don't want to pay Dillon, I don't see much of a better match in CFB. Dillon is probably a decent pro comp for him. Athletically gifted for a big man, but not gifted enough to be like Henry, just a #2 bruiser.

You think he's on our board early? We have 2 2's.

Just now, beekay414 said:

You think he's on our board early? We have 2 2's.

Hard to say ha, I wouldn't touch him in the 2nd, but I wouldn't have touched Dillon in the 2nd.

I'm just telling myself that Covid effed up our process because our day 2 picks in 2020 and 2021 were weird as hell and we usually kill it there (Rd 2 at least).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I need outsider thoughts because I'm not certain but...

Is Braelon Allen a Green Bay match?

Badger fan here...

GB match?  probably no- he's not going to be a RAS guy...he's big, that's all----everything else you want in a back he's just got a little bit of-not great speed, not great vision, not great availability, decent as a pass catcher, not great getting thru trash, not great in turning his size into power- he's going to get a chance but i hope it's not in GB, unless it's late.

i hate to say this, but a comp on him is a less available and less productive (in college) AJ Dillon.  Allen hasn't really been run hard and he's always nicked up.  i wish him well, but he's a mid round pick at best and without finding a home on teams I can't see him as a long term productive player deserving of a roster spot in the NFL

all that said, he's young and hasn't been run into the ground, so maybe he gets good coaching and surprises me-i honestly hope so as he seems like a decent guy, so you never can tell- if I was Gute i'd consider him a day 3 pick- but someone will probably take him in the third round.