2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Rasheed Walker should be talked about more. 

What exactly do we have here? A high end athlete who's finally getting it? A mediocre athlete playing plus technique? I could look some of this up, but I'd rather get a couple sentence summary from people who know OL more than me.

Some people* have been talking about him for a while!

*One person, really.** 

**It was me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm just thinking more in terms of what Walker is good at, and working from the premise that he's already great vs speed rushers, average vs bull rushers, and not a good run blocker.  That makes me think elite pass protector who's marginal in the run game is a realistic outcome for Walker.  That's how I remember Clifton.

Okay, I get it.

But I remember Clifton differently.  Like he was solid in day one against speed and bull rushers.  I know that coming out, some said he was a guard because of his base and power.  Feet were a little lacking.

Clearly that wasn't the case.  Those feet were just fine at LT and the power was already there.

But, I'll admit to being quite young then (Cliffy) and I may not remember him correctly.  Though I still recall reading a draft write up prior to us taking Clifton and projecting him inside as a guard.  That was from the Journal Sentinel.  Funny how you remember certain things.

Which reminds me....I need to run out at lunch and get an anniversary card.  :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I gotta say that game warmed me up a bit on Corum. Assuming he's a mid 2 or later anyway. I don't really see a RB this year worth anything higher.

Back half of RD3 is where I'd be looking at what's left of the RB group.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Back half of RD3 is where I'd be looking at what's left of the RB group.

Ideally I'd agree but if they have reasons to like a guy with #64 (their second round pick obviously) I wouldn't argue.

Overall I am very much in the mood for a trade up more than a trade down, but looking at the flipside, who will be the QBs available in a trade down situation? QBs tend to be the biggest trade galvanizers.   I think there is a possibility both JJ (Raiders) and Penix (Seahawks) could be gone by the time we pick.  Thereby eliminating most of the teams that would trade up for a QB desperately.  Who would be next on the board?  Bo Nix?  Yeah........it just seems like a trade up year through and through.  

Edited by HeresAGuy

10 hours ago, spilltray said:

I gotta say that game warmed me up a bit on Corum. Assuming he's a mid 2 or later anyway. I don't really see a RB this year worth anything higher.

I haven't watched much of anything this year, but saw him live for a little bit and a few clips and his vision caught my attention. Is he known for good vision?