The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

12 hours ago, swede700 said:

I wonder what they all did with their Justin Fields jerseys, which was the best selling jersey in Illinois, Indiana and yes, Wisconsin, in 2022 and the best-selling rookie jersey in 2021. 

Really, Justin Fields was the highest selling jersey out of each of those states across the board?    Here is a graphic I found mind you it is just jersey sales in the at retailer "Lids" so that alone is some what deceptive.  But Lids is the key there, not all jerseys are sold at Lids of course.  Curious what NFL data would say across all retailers including online purchases....

Top-selling-NFL-players-jersey.jpg?w=876

This graphic has Tom Brady the top in Indiana.  

Dak Prescott the highest in South Carolina is a bit odd, but basically a lot of states without a football team go to Tom Brady...haha   And Kyle Pitts is very odd for Montana.  Sweet for players to be able to get some of those merchandise sales which is great for them!

Back to the draft, pretty positive Daniels, Maye and McCarthy all want to go to Minnesota regardless of the potential pay decrease if they drop in the draft to go there.  Easily the best place right now for any QB in the top 10 to go.  Still does not mean they should trade up to go get one, and if they are such a great stable place for a QB to come to, it should not matter as much who they are...

Edited by Ozzy

54 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Really, Justin Fields was the highest selling jersey out of each of those states across the board?    Here is a graphic I found mind you it is just jersey sales in the at retailer "Lids" so that alone is some what deceptive.  But Lids is the key there, not all jerseys are sold at Lids of course.  Curious what NFL data would say across all retailers including online purchases....

Top-selling-NFL-players-jersey.jpg?w=876

This graphic has Tom Brady the top in Indiana.  

Dak Prescott the highest in South Carolina is a bit odd, but basically a lot of states without a football team go to Tom Brady...haha   And Kyle Pitts is very odd for Montana.  Sweet for players to be able to get some of those merchandise sales which is great for them!

Back to the draft, pretty positive Daniels, Maye and McCarthy all want to go to Minnesota regardless of the potential pay decrease if they drop in the draft to go there.  Easily the best place right now for any QB in the top 10 to go.  Still does not mean they should trade up to go get one, and if they are such a great stable place for a QB to come to, it should not matter as much who they are...

There is a huge pay decrease at #11 compared to #2/#3. I can go with, “they all want Minny to trade up to #2 and select them”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yes, i noticed that too.

Vikings might have to give him some nutritional counseling.

Someone from Minnesota told me that Ketchup is considered a spice!  Maybe McCarthy is signaling that he will be a "spicy QB."  Take that anyway you want!!! 😉 

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Getting back at Howie Roseman felt good after the Sam Bradford trade. 

Granted, we did end up giving them a free 5th round pick for Reagor who we ended up cutting so maybe he got the last laugh again lol

I'm not sure why the Vikings would want to get back at the Eagles and Howie Roseman.  The Vikings were thought to be Super Bowl contenders, plus opening a new stadium. A lot was at risk for Minnesota to not have competent quarterback play. Unfortunately, Sam was brittle and injury prone.  In hindsight there may have been better options for the Vikings FO to have gone after.  But, in the moment, the trade for Bradford seemed pretty reasonable. 

• Like 2

Just now, Captain Relax said:

I'm not sure why the Vikings would want to get back at the Eagles and Howie Roseman.  The Vikings were thought to be Super Bowl contenders, plus opening a new stadium. A lot was at risk for Minnesota to not have competent quarterback play. Unfortunately, Sam was brittle and injury prone.  In hindsight there may have been better options for the Vikings FO to have gone after.  But, in the moment, the trade for Bradford seemed pretty reasonable. 

I think it's universally agreed upon though that Spielman panicked and made that trade though. 

Under normal circumstances, Bradford was probably valued at a 2nd round pick. 

But enough of that. I'm hopeful that this front office doesn't panic like the old one did.

I think there is a good chance we stay at 11 as well.

McCarthy or Nix at 11

Barton ( would love this pick. Can play every position on the O-line ) or BPA.

Should be a lot of fun tonight 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think it's universally agreed upon though that Spielman panicked and made that trade though. 

Under normal circumstances, Bradford was probably valued at a 2nd round pick. 

But enough of that. I'm hopeful that this front office doesn't panic like the old one did.

Well, if they had won like had been expected, it would have been at the bottom of the first round, thus basically a 2nd round pick. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yes, i noticed that too.

Vikings might have to give him some nutritional counseling.

Oh, I knew that it was steak and eggs...with ketchup.  I can buy the ketchup on steak, even as absurd as that sounds because some steak sauce actually has ketchup in it already.  It's the ketchup on eggs that is nasty.  

• vike daddy changed the title to The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...
  • VikeManDan locked this topic
  • VikeManDan unlocked and locked this topic