The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I had Nix way higher than that but with how well Van Dyke has looked, and Leary is probably a better pure passer and KJ Jefferson no question has more arm talent and Daniels has more upside and Hartman no question has out performed him this year and Travis is probably a better leader and competitor and Milton just has flat out higher upside and arm talent as well.

Nix is good just seems he needs a gimmicky offense with a lot of motion and jet sweeps and RPO for him to be successful as a passer.  A lot of those early years on Auburn it is like what the hell, he was very unproductive when potentially I thought he would have done way better.

Will be interesting how he does in the totally stacked Pac-12 this year.  But yes maybe I underrate him a bit on this list but it is a pretty big crap shoot once you get past the top three.  

I currently have 4 QBs first round, Arizona, Las Vegas, Minnesota and Seattle.  Possibly Washington would but with how Howell has played I doubt it, maybe Tampa but again with Mayfield who knows if he plays like he did last weekend consistently.  Falcons maybe but maybe not if they have a good year and Packers who knows if Love is as good as he was week one.  

Crazy thing is unless something changes a lot of teams will only be looking for backup QBs.  Especially if Mayfield, Ridder, Jimmy G, Howell, Geno Smith etc do well this year.  Great again for the Vikings because really the QB space in the NFL is pretty full in terms of quality starters, so yeah backup and developmental is the only thing needed and even those spots are limited.  

I could also see the Jets, Broncos, Patriots, Bears, and Steelers looking for starters and i think teams are going to want to upgrade those mid/low tier qbs

8 hours ago, Wundy said:

I could also see the Jets, Broncos, Patriots, Bears, and Steelers looking for starters and i think teams are going to want to upgrade those mid/low tier qbs

Maybe but I do not hate Justin Fields and Russell Wilson maybe he sucks this year maybe not, and Mac Jones was pretty damn good week 1 I thought.  Jets sure with how Zach Wilson plays and Rogers injury and the Steelers Pickett not sure they sail on him either.  

For sure teams will want backup / developmental guys but still most likely there are QBs in the draft who would get a starting shot 1st year usually and now will only be a backup or a 3rd string guy potentially.  So some guys will lose on their chance possibly because of the crazy depth depending on who declares but maybe a lot of underclassmen will return to school again because of NIL money.

The Broncos are tied to Wilson through 2025, at least. They aren’t likely going to be looking for a QB in the 1st round. 

If Rodgers comes back for the 2024 season, which I’d bet he is, the Jets aren’t likely going to use their 1st on another QB. They’re going to further bolster the roster around him. 

Given how the Steelers conduct business, I’d be surprised to see the give up on Pickett after 2 seasons. He’ll get his full rookie contract. If he’s struggling after this year, they’ll bring in a veteran. 

Similar with the Patriots. If Jones struggles again this year, I don’t see Belichick drafting another QB in the 1st round. He’ll go get a veteran, and probably draft a QB in the middle rounds. 

• Like 3

somebody (maybe Ozzy?) had a Cousins/Sam Hartman comp, and I think that’s spot on. Sees the field well, maybe not elite in any specific trait or category, but good to really good in almost all of them. Premium backup floor with a long term starter ceiling.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

When Christian Darrisaw asks for top tier LT money,

”With the 22nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select, Michael Penix Jr. Quarterback, Washington.”

I just don't see how he can be a first round pick with that injury history.

But then, maybe he's past it?

As far as the 2024 draft, I'm becoming a little torn on whether the Vikings should address QB or the defensive line in the first round.  Ultimately, I think it'll be one or the other and potentially both in the first 2 rounds, in either order.  They really need to stop ignoring the defensive line, as it'll have been 9 years since they addressed it before the 4th rd (Danielle).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

As far as the 2024 draft, I'm becoming a little torn on whether the Vikings should address QB or the defensive line in the first round.  Ultimately, I think it'll be one or the other and potentially both in the first 2 rounds, in either order.  They really need to stop ignoring the defensive line, as it'll have been 9 years since they addressed it before the 4th rd (Danielle).

Agreed 100%, taking QB out to the equation DL is a top priority. Depending on how Cleveland, Bradbury, Ingram, and Risner fair the rest of the season I'd argue iOL as well. We need to get some bullies in the trenches.

• vike daddy changed the title to The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...
  • VikeManDan locked this topic
  • VikeManDan unlocked and locked this topic