The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

11 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

With draft picks, but there are also players that can be included in a trade.  Patrick Surtain II for example.

yes, but Denver fans at least see that as very improbable. trading Surtain, that is.

who knows...?

23 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I just can't see them drafting a QB with the money they have tied up in Jones. All this smoke about them liking JJ is to get the Vikings to trade up ahead of them to help make one of the WRs fall. If the Giants do trade up themselves, it's going to be for a WR. 

The Giants were scouting the quarterbacks all college season. Scheon attended multiple games featuring them. He went to a UNC game in September. Giants can get out of Jones’s contract next year with $22M in dead cap. The injuries are a major concern.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

The Giants were scouting the quarterbacks all college season. Scheon attended multiple games featuring them. He went to a UNC game in September. Giants can get out of Jones’s contract next year with $22M in dead cap. The injuries are a major concern.

Let me huff my copium in peace. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Not likely. QBs are expected to go 1, 2, and 3. 

If Washington takes a different QB at 2, I would still expect to see Daniels go at 3. 

Exactly, aren't the hot rumors that Daniels is the Patriots preferred QB?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Not likely. QBs are expected to go 1, 2, and 3. 

If Washington takes a different QB at 2, I would still expect to see Daniels go at 3. 

I think New England trades back in this scenario.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm pretty sure that Semper's opinion was only for those in the first round or 2.

Yeah, I think so too. Mr. Semper was saying that a team should trade up as high as they can to take a QB that they feel is a franchise guy. The reality is that nobody will ever know for 100% certain that a prospect will be a franchise QB.

I hope what I wrote helps understand why a QB that a team feels is worth taking in the first round isn't necessarily worth trading up to draft.

A team should not trade up as high as they possibly can if they identify a guy that they feel may become a franchise QB.  They ought to only trade up when the probability of success points to that being a good idea.

According to JJ McCarthy's agent he's the Patriots top QB
According to Drake Maye's agent, he's the Patriots top QB
According to Jayden Daniels agent, he's the Patriots top QB
According to Spencer Rattlers agent, he's the Patriots top QB
According to Joe Miltons agent, he's the Patrtiots top QB
According to my agent, I'm not even on the list.

• Like 4

You can picture the Minnesota Vikings’ draft room. Brightly lit. Modern furnishings. Filled with rows of desks and chairs, all angled toward the screens at the front.

Conversations inside this room are kept private, but team sources familiar with the discussions over the last few weeks in preparation for Thursday night’s first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, shared an interesting tidbit of information: The only position missing among the staff’s player grades is quarterback.

There are plenty of reasons for this. They want to prevent potential leaks. They don’t want to bias the other staffers in the room. They center their process on a contextualized evaluation, not just a generalized number or description of the player. This is intentional, a word that describes the Vikings’ quarterback evaluations over these last few months.

https://theathletic.com/5439752/2024/04/24/vikings-nfl-draft-qb-oconnell-mccown/?source=emp_shared_article

Where psychology enters the war room....this article also tells you how well KOC can see the field from the sidelines. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

According to JJ McCarthy's agent he's the Patriots top QB
According to Drake Maye's agent, he's the Patriots top QB
According to Jayden Daniels agent, he's the Patriots top QB
According to Spencer Rattlers agent, he's the Patriots top QB
According to Joe Miltons agent, he's the Patrtiots top QB
According to my agent, I'm not even on the list.

hire me, i'll get you drafted in the third. at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

https://theathletic.com/5439752/2024/04/24/vikings-nfl-draft-qb-oconnell-mccown/?source=emp_shared_article

Where psychology enters the war room....this article also tells you how well KOC can see the field from the sidelines. 

fascinating, wanting to prevent leaks from their own people.

as much of a rookie that many fans felt Kwesi was in his Year 1, he seems to have learned quickly.

I can't read the article because I don't have a WaPo subscription, but god, do I miss the helmet phones. They were fantastic. It's another thing the kids miss out on.

s-l960.webp

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1