The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...

vike daddy

Kevin Clark@bykevinclark

I asked Drake Maye about the now-famous Commanders TopGolf visit. He loved it. "It was one of the cooler visits I've been on." "I think I had the best swing. I was hitting it pretty good. But JJ McCarthy was hitting it well as well."

so now we know JJ has a better golf swing than Maye. that sinks it, JJ da Man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i have veto power though.

Viking fan since 1969, boys...

Sorry, I don't think you know how this work Comrade. All your power belongs to mother Washington.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

Sorry, I don't think you know how this work Comrade. All your power belongs to mother Washington.

you are weak. your puny decisions mean nothing in Valhalla.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Michael Penix writes open letter to NFL GMs (interesting).

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/michael-penix-jr-nfl-draft-ncaa-football-university-of-washington

I am one that may be overly concerned about his injuries.  Perhaps being right about the Sam Bradford trade being a bad decision owing to injury concerns has biased me towards being overly injury concerned.  We all like being right, amiright?

At any rate, it seems smart of Penix to be getting out in front of it. 

Wow, thanks for sharing that.  Impressive, especially if he wrote that all by himself.  Well written!

"I know the storms I’m prepared to weather."  Plus giving the two examples of players in college like Franke Gore who torn his ACL twice, exact thing Penix Jr had done and he was a RB!  Plus adding 2000 plays without an injury.

"No personal QB coach, no strength coach, no state-of-the-art training equipment. "  That is true, imagine how many of these guys had top of the line coaching and most likely had it throughout high school.  He was a what three star recruit, 154th ranked player in that high school class that year and the 36nd ranked QB in the high school class.  Dude has overcome a hell of a lot and at least he was up against some fire and tribulations.

He makes a good case, I already was impressive with his demeanor and ability to work, now I am even more impressed with something written like this. 

PS Zach Annexstad, grew up in Minnesota left to play at IMG Academy in Florida for two years, he was "ranked" over Penix Jr in that high school class.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GermanVike said:

I think Penix would be a great consolation price. 

He is way better under pressure than what the national championship game makes it seem. 

I wouldnt be too upset if we went BPA at #11 then went Penix Jr at #23.

I think id prefer that than trading multiple 1sts to get JJ.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

you are weak. your puny decisions mean nothing in Valhalla.

You are correct VD.  I have lived on Washington territory, among their fans my whole life.  They have tried everything to turn me, including winning 3 Super Bowls!!! Ha!  I remain strong and I bleed purple and gold!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

You are correct VD.  I have lived on Washington territory, among their fans my whole life.  They have tried everything to turn me, including winning 3 Super Bowls!!! Ha!  I remain strong and I bleed purple and gold!!!

The chase is better than the catch!

• Like 2

McCarthy definitely has a great attitude. I'm still not sure he's our top target but I would love him on our team. Skol!

He's a Bears fan. That's why his numbers weren't gaudy in college. He's never seen a good QB play for his team in his life! 😝

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

McCarthy definitely has a great attitude. I'm still not sure he's our top target but I would love him on our team.

i don't think he ever was our top target. it appears that Maye is.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

So...a little over 48 hours away, top 4 QB preferences in order...what do you got?

1. JJ McCarthy

2. Drake Maye

3. Jayden Daniels

4. Michael Penix, Jr. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...a little over 48 hours away, top 4 QB preferences in order...what do you got?

1. Caleb Williams (almost should just be taken off the list he's clearly going #1)
2. Drake Maye
3. Michael Penix Jr
4. JJ McCarthy
5. Jayden Daniels

• Like 2

• vike daddy changed the title to The 2024 Draft. Tonight's the night...
  • VikeManDan locked this topic
  • VikeManDan unlocked and locked this topic