Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

This is annoying but it’s nothing like going to play for MN. I may have gotten over Favre doing that, but haven’t forgiven him. And the other **** going on now with Favre cemented his tarnished legacy.

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Was Favre forgiven? 

He'll never have the reputation he did before he left. He's kinda like the family member who's been verbally forgiven for his indiscretions, but it's never been forgotten by anybody at the reunion and things remain frosty.

If you had to live through the seventies and eighties, you've forgiven Favre long ago. The Packers were doormats back then. IT was tough being a loyal fan for sure. Favre was a major reason we no longer are. 

For the record, I was done with him when he started his annual antics too. Could care less he played for the Vikings either, they didn't win a Super Bowl with him, and he ended their playoffs in typical Favre fashion if memory serves me correct. 

Also, Favre the Packer doesn't change based on what he's going through. Everybody had to kind of know he was kind of a d-bag when he was playing quarterback with us to begin with. 

Favre's break up was much messier even if his good ol' boy personality sat better with a set of the fanbase.  To retire and try to force your way back while the future guy is trying to get in the saddle is a **** move.  Forcing his way on to a hated rival and then playing one of his best years is what made me and many others truly bitter.  Of course, that made it all the more sweet with how it all worked out.

I'm still an AR fan, he's done plenty for the organization and the fans. I hope he does well in NY for a few years. In a few more years it will all be roses for the vast majority of the fanbase.  Unless he goes to complete a Bears team that is just missing a QB or something crazy like that he'll be given his proper respect in the GB pantheon.

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

If you had to live through the seventies and eighties, you've forgiven Favre long ago. The Packers were doormats back then. IT was tough being a loyal fan for sure. Favre was a major reason we no longer are. 

I don’t know, I feel like That’s like saying I was on a long dry spell, landed a babe. Married her. Then she cheated on me and basically became a Jenny from Forrest Gump and thieving criminal I’d forgive her because she was a babe I hooked up with for awhile. 

Boy... you guys were wrong about... well just about everything re: Rodgers and the Jets..  beginning with the absurd draft comp you thought you would get for selling the "greedy" Rodgers to the Jets.  I'd say you were wrong about $35 million on that front.  Guy has been nothing but a strong leader so far in camp.  New life for 2-3 yrs.  But you'll be fine as long as Love isn't straight arse.

Edited by dcat

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Was Favre forgiven? 

He'll never have the reputation he did before he left. He's kinda like the family member who's been verbally forgiven for his indiscretions, but it's never been forgotten by anybody at the reunion and things remain frosty.

I don’t think he was completely forgiven by everyone, but I do think he was in a good place with Packer fans before his recent crap. 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t think he was completely forgiven by everyone, but I do think he was in a good place with Packer fans before his recent crap. 

I won't forgive Favre. He wanted revenge on the organization, not caring that meant crapping on the fans too. It was a petty ego move and he burned his bridges. Since then he hasn't apologized or taken blame or admitted he was wrong, so there is no reason to forgive. 

I find the Rodgers situation easy to look over because he's not trying to give GB a middle finger like that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

For the record, I was done with him when he started his annual antics too. Could care less he played for the Vikings either, they didn't win a Super Bowl with him, and he ended their playoffs in typical Favre fashion if memory serves me correct. 

Also, Favre the Packer doesn't change based on what he's going through. Everybody had to kind of know he was kind of a d-bag when he was playing quarterback with us to begin with. 

I will never not be amazed by the fat-chick-invited-to-prom levels of gratefulness to Favre that old Packer fans have. 

29 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I won't forgive Favre. He wanted revenge on the organization, not caring that meant crapping on the fans too. It was a petty ego move and he burned his bridges. Since then he hasn't apologized or taken blame or admitted he was wrong, so there is no reason to forgive. 

I find the Rodgers situation easy to look over because he's not trying to give GB a middle finger like that.

Rodgers’ shots aren’t like playing for the enemy so I agree

4 hours ago, dcat said:

absurd draft comp

IMO it seems like the general consensus is that the Packers fans were more realistic regarding draft comp then Jets fans. A 1st and a 2nd is much closer to 2 firsts then it is to 2 3rds that I saw spouted by Jets fans. The rest is what it is. You have a 39 YO player on the downswing of his career that is ready to try to win a superbowl so has chosen that over money in his last hurrah. Doesn't shock me that he changed after going to the Jets. It will be interesting to see if he plays better in NY over last year in GB. 

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I will never not be amazed by the fat-chick-invited-to-prom levels of gratefulness to Favre that old Packer fans have. 

You've only known the Packers as a winning organization. I am grateful, as a fan of the Green Bay Packers, for all of those who brought us back to relevance which includes Favre but not exclusive to him. 

I moved from Wisconsin to Michigan in 4th grade. The Lions routinely beat the Packers *** for about 20 years. I remained loyal throughout. I guess maybe you don't understand, but that is more your entitlement than my, "fat-chick to the prom gratefulness."

For your sake, and every other Packer fan, I hope you don't have to live through 20+ years of futility. 

20 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Rodgers’ shots aren’t like playing for the enemy so I agree

Right. He's bitter, and flaunting being happy in his "new relationship", but he's not trying to actively rub the Packers face in it. 

For me that line matters.

4 hours ago, dcat said:

Still don't believe he was ever doing those things while with us. Spurned Spite will transform you, at least for a while. This will be a very fascinating year for you regardless, so buckle up.

• Like 1