Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In the 10 years of 80-89, the Packers finished below .500 only 4 times. People talk about the 80s like they're Lions fans and not like it was just a normal decade for most NFL teams. 

In the 70’s they only had 2 years over .500

Coming on the heels of the success in the 60’s, the 70’s were a really rough decade for fans.  

Hopefully we won’t have to repeat that experience.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In the 10 years of 80-89, the Packers finished below .500 only 4 times. People talk about the 80s like they're Lions fans and not like it was just a normal decade for most NFL teams. 

The early 80s, I was a bit too young but they were a team that didn't lack talent that just never seemed to get over the hump and have a couple playoff years. 

The decade takes a dive when you consider how they closed it out into the 90s - 86 4-12, 87 5-9-1 (3-8-1 in non-strike games), 88 4-12, 89 a shocking 10-6 (but with an 8-8 pt margin), 90 6-10, 91 4-12. 

That's neck and neck for the late Lambeau/Ronzani/Blackbourn years for worst stretch in franchise history 

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow you have a lot of faith in these 2 guys. They have really done nothing so far. I would put them in the middle to bottom of the league. The GM I think is the biggest problem who struggles to get value and players. The problem is when the new GM comes in the HC is gone and usually the QB too. This is why it will be a 1 and done for these guys unless Love comes in and tears it up. From what I have seen I don't see that coming. The best bet is to tank this year and grab Caleb Williams and try to talk to Riley to come coach GB. They could also pair the Jets first round pick and their own to move up too. I don't think the Jets pick will be that high. I'm thinking low 20's best situation for GB. Being a Jet fan the one thing that makes me mad is when you see the team needs a rebuild but they just keep trying the samething over and over again. 

Don't let the Packers fans up in their feelings get to you. This is actually the second best possible outcome we could have besides Love being good. Riley and Caleb Williams in GB is a pipe dream that I'd very much be down for.

These guys are just so spoiled the idea of having a nightmare season is unfathomable to them when it's more likely this year then anytime in recent memory. We have all the hallmarks of a team that is going to this struggle year.

Edited by StatKing

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Speaking of done nothing so far. The Jets are 20-46 since Douglass became GM. Without a single year with a winning record. You seriously want to come in here and talk **** about the Packers organization. 

You're acting like the playoffs are your destiny and you are suddenly in the Super Bowl conversation. Forget winning, how about play a few preseason games before you come here spouting off. 

Rodgers took a pay cut, sounds like desperation to me. His legacy with only one Super Bowl isn't where he thinks he should be. He's desperate to get another one. The problem with that idea is playoff Rodgers. 

So, let's recap shall we! 

You are talking about us doing a rebuild when you haven't had as good a record as we have in, I don't know how long, but certainly all of Douglass' career. You get a 40-year-old quarterback and believe you found the golden ticket. Problem is that ticket is to be first in line at the Golden Corral buffet, and it cost you a 1st and a 2nd round pick to boot. 

Come back when you've done something more than lose the trade with us for Rodgers. 

Here is my prediction, you'll be looking for another 1st round quarterback in two years with ZERO additional Lombardi's. If a winning record appeases you, then you've got a chance to wind up happy. Otherwise, thanks for the 1st and 2nd round picks. 

Classy as usual.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Don't let the Packers fans up in their feelings get to you. This is actually the second best possible outcome we could have besides Love being good. Riley and Caleb Williams in GB is a pipe dream that I'd very much be down for.

These guys are just so spoiled the idea of having a nightmare season is unfathomable to them when it's more likely this year then anytime in recent memory. We have all the hallmarks of a team that is going to this struggle year.

Even though you inverted two works this is more like a dream for you. You are hoping we struggle, and Love struggles because you worship at the feet of Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Even though you inverted two works this is more like a dream for you. You are hoping we struggle, and Love struggles because you worship at the feet of Rodgers. 

I'm realistic. Unlike the majority of this forum. Why would I want my favorite team to suck? Do you realize how stupid you sound?

We have all the hallmarks of a team that is going to struggle. Very very young on offense, unproven QB at the helm, most of our best players are either aging, injury prone or already injured.

Quit crying about Rodgers for once and learn how to show some respect for others opinions.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol we're going to win more games this year than we did last year...

The wins don't even really matter. They just have to be competitive. This year is about evaluating Love above all else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Well, there is today's news....

Yeah .. taking a huge cut to help his new team field a more competitive roster is a middle finger to the Packers and their fans.  He took the money and then didn't give the Packers his best.  He wanted out of town .. Packers should have sent him packing after the last playoff loss against the Niners.  

11 minutes ago, StatKing said:

The wins don't even really matter. They just have to be competitive. This year is about evaluating Love above all else.

I'm hoping the receiving talent is enough to help Love shine, but the inexperience all around at receiver and tight end probably is going to limit a lot for Love. 

All this hoopla over showing up for OTAs, hanging out with Jets teammates, brining in his preferred former Packers, hiring Hackett, taking a huge pay cut, etc. Very little talk of the single most important ingredient to Aaron Rodgers success: time to throw. When he's had it, most of his career in Green Bay, he's been one of the best to ever play the position. When he hasn't had it, very rarely the case as a Packer, he's been decidedly mediocre. Remind me again how the Jets have shored up their below average (if not downright poor) OL. I'm somewhat shameful of the secret enjoyment I've held this offseason as the Jets front office remains blind to just how much Rodgers owes his success to elite offensive line play.

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

All this hoopla over showing up for OTAs, hanging out with Jets teammates, brining in his preferred former Packers, hiring Hackett, taking a huge pay cut, etc. Very little talk of the single most important ingredient to Aaron Rodgers success: time to throw. When he's had it, most of his career in Green Bay, he's been one of the best to ever play the position. When he hasn't had it, very rarely the case as a Packer, he's been decidedly mediocre. Remind me again how the Jets have shored up their below average (if not downright poor) OL. I'm somewhat shameful of the secret enjoyment I've held this offseason as the Jets front office remains blind to just how much Rodgers owes his success to elite offensive line play.

Why the lack of respect for Billy Turner?