Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

5 hours ago, turf toe said:

Bakhtiari is a possible, and Alexander if he continues to play the way he has are the two that come to mind

I can't see it with Bakh. He could have gotten there but for the knee. Alexander is a possibility but he's got a long way to go for that.

3 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

AITA if I think Hackett’s last two employers gave him his job partly to woo Aaron Rodgers? I can think thst, but I wouldn’t say it to a reporter.

Sean Payton might have been unkind to point out that Hackett did a bad job as HC, but was he wrong? Kind of.

There are plenty of worse HC performances over the years than the one Hackett turned in in Denver. But, microphone in our faces, almost everybody here would mumble something nice about Hackett even if we thought he was really bad at his job. The definition of a gaffe is when a public figure accidentally tells the truth. Payton gaffed that one up.

I thought Aaron was pitch perfect in his response. He had to have his friend’s back by being polite AND blunt. 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

I'm 100% in Aaron Rodgers corner for defending Nathaniel Hackett for the cheap shots tossed his way. I also agree it was incredibly insecure of Payton. Thought there was supposed to be a 'coaching fraternity?' Payton really looks like a jackass in this one. **** him! 

• Like 3

Like Rodgers, Russell Wilson is no longer the juggernaut he once was. Wilson has regressed for two straight seasons now.

The Broncos stuck with Wilson all year and paid dearly for it because of the stubbornness of the coaching staff and front office. Hackett didn't even make it to the end of his first season coaching the Broncos.

If the Jets do as bad with Rodgers in the early part of this season as the Broncos did all last season, they have the chance to learn from the mistakes the Broncos made last year and trade for a better QB around the deadline preferably Cooper Rush who did well in Dak's absence for the Cowboys last year but will never unseat him as the fulltime starter because they were born the same year. This would relegate Rodgers to backup duty, quite possibly ending his career.

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

Like Rodgers, Russell Wilson is no longer the juggernaut he once was.

You can call me crazy but I think 8 ... so weird... is coming to play this year. AFC is stacked but that just means every week will count more and more. He seems rejuvenated and is doing the work. Also, I'm going to say it!

Mike McCarthy > Sean Peyton

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I'm going to say it!

Mike McCarthy > Sean Peyton

I don't know if it's clear-cut but I was always baffled that Payton walked on water while everyone seemed to think that McCarthy should be fired in any given week. 

Payton 152-89, 9-8 playoff record, 0 firings due to mutiny by sulky QB

McCarthy - 155-97-2, 11-10 playoff record, 0 suspensions for violating league policies

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I don't know if it's clear-cut but I was always baffled that Payton walked on water while everyone seemed to think that McCarthy should be fired in any given week. 

Payton 152-89, 9-8 playoff record, 0 firings due to mutiny by sulky QB

McCarthy - 155-97-2, 11-10 playoff record, 0 suspensions for violating league policies

This shows how much easier it is to win with a HOF quarterback in the NFL. In McCarthy's case, 2 of them. Now he has Dak, who is a major downgrade to Rodgers, Brees, Favre but still better than most. Payton is going to find out how hard it is to win with average QB play. Assuming Wilson is toast which he sure looked like it last two years. 

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

You mean all the other free agents that our idiotic GM went out and found?

Yeah that’s the point. Squire was schooling the Jets fan who dissed Gute by pointing out that the Jets’ GM signed the same players in FA that Gute did.  He was being facetious. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

Yeah that’s the point. Squire was schooling the Jets fan who dissed Gute by pointing out that the Jets’ GM signed the same players in FA that Gute did.  He was being facetious. 

Yeah.  And my point was...why stop at those three?  

We have enough folks on here claiming that our GM and most of our front office should be fired.

Yet dang, have they ever hit on some nice free agents.  

Would have been nice to see what else they could have done had Rodgers ever taken less.  

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah.  And my point was...why stop at those three?  

We have enough folks on here claiming that our GM and most of our front office should be fired.

Yet dang, have they ever hit on some nice free agents.  

Would have been nice to see what else they could have done had Rodgers ever taken less.  

I’m not disagreeing with you.  It only stopped at those 3 bcuz they’re the ex-Packers that the Jets’ GM signed.  Everyone else you mentioned are indeed excellent examples of impact players that Gute acquired for us.  

And it’s still hilarious that a Jets fan, of all the NFL teams, would talk **** about someone’s GM and HC.  NYJ have consistently been a bottom feeder for decades lol. 

On 7/31/2023 at 1:36 PM, thrILL! said:

I’m not disagreeing with you.  It only stopped at those 3 bcuz they’re the ex-Packers that the Jets’ GM signed.  Everyone else you mentioned are indeed excellent examples of impact players that Gute acquired for us.  

And it’s still hilarious that a Jets fan, of all the NFL teams, would talk **** about someone’s GM and HC.  NYJ have consistently been a bottom feeder for decades lol. 

I mean, would you rather have your team's legacy be the Ice Bowl, multiple Championships, the SB trophy named after your coach, thirty years of HOF play with 2 SB titles, or the lone Namath SB with his last pass being as a drunk on national tv to go along with the BUTT FUMBLE?

Edited by vegas492