Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

19 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I didn't read the whole thread related to what Payton said but was he wrong?  The coach was no doubt a major if not primary reason for the epic fail they had.  The coaching job at the top terrible.  He also no doubt said it to take some heat off his QB.  So what?  Ol Rodg got his feeling hurt.  If his coach didn't like let him comment on it.  He can't because he really can't counter or disagree with it.

Nah.  Payton was completely out of pocket for putting Hackett on blast regardless of how bad of a season DEN had last year.  You don’t call out other coaches by name esp not to try and selfishly cushion yourself for a potentially disappointing season of your own.

Rodgers sticking up for his coach is what you want out of your star QB.  I’m glad he’s gone but I would’ve been disappointed in him had he remained silent.  And let’s not forget Payton’s closet has a few skeletons of its own. #Bountygate

• Like 1

I decided to do a little math, concerning the Jets.

In order to be successful or have a good record with a hope of the playoffs, you have to be good in your division, right?

Jets against the Bills last year.  Bills averaged 18.5 points.  Down from their 28.4 points per game total for their 2022 season.

Jets against the 'Fins last year.  'Fins averaged 14 points.  Down from their 23.3 points per game for their 2022 season.

Jets against the Patriots last year.  Pats averaged 16 points.  Down from their 21.4 points per game for their 2022 season.

Jets averaged 19.2 points per game last year...without Rodgers.

Looks like their roster on defense hasn't changed much.  

You have to believe that a healthy Rodgers increases that 19.2 points per game.  So if that defense holds it's own?  Yeah.  Maybe the Jets are a QB away from being serious contenders.  

This isn't Rodgers against those elite QB's.  His HC and his defense have shown to be fine against them.  All Aaron has to do is not lose games.  And he's quite good at that.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I decided to do a little math, concerning the Jets.

In order to be successful or have a good record with a hope of the playoffs, you have to be good in your division, right?

Jets against the Bills last year.  Bills averaged 18.5 points.  Down from their 28.4 points per game total for their 2022 season.

Jets against the 'Fins last year.  'Fins averaged 14 points.  Down from their 23.3 points per game for their 2022 season.

Jets against the Patriots last year.  Pats averaged 16 points.  Down from their 21.4 points per game for their 2022 season.

Jets averaged 19.2 points per game last year...without Rodgers.

Looks like their roster on defense hasn't changed much.  

You have to believe that a healthy Rodgers increases that 19.2 points per game.  So if that defense holds it's own?  Yeah.  Maybe the Jets are a QB away from being serious contenders.  

This isn't Rodgers against those elite QB's.  His HC and his defense have shown to be fine against them.  All Aaron has to do is not lose games.  And he's quite good at that.

To be fair to Miami, Skylar Thompson took 99 percent of the snaps in both games vs. the Jets.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

To be fair to Miami, Skylar Thompson took 99 percent of the snaps in both games vs. the Jets.

To be fair, I believe the Bills had either the first or second highest scoring offense in the NFL.

And that Jets defense held them way below their average on the year.

The Jets defense is that good.

This isn't about how Rodgers is going to do against that murderer's row of QB's.  The defense will play those guys.  All Aaron has to do is not lose games, if that defense plays like they did in 2022.

Right now, we got the better end of the deal with the Jets.  But he very well could be that kind of QB that takes them to the big game while riding that defense.  

I'm neither pro or anti Aaron.  Just pointing out what I see to be facts here.  From looking at the division and it's offenses, the Jets have a very, very legit defense.

2 hours ago, turf toe said:

If not for Rodgers Thompson would still be the GM, and McCarthy would be drawing up more iso vertical pass routes for a bunch of jag receivers, Rodgers initiated changes that where a couple seasons over do in 2018, what did the FO do in support, they drafted 3 bean pole receivers that couldn't tie there own shoe laces.

you guys are upset because he openly told the FO to pull there heads out of there a...

1. Even if you're correct, and you're provably not, that has nothing to do with the conversation we were having or the interview we were referencing. 

2. Ted Thompson is dead, so I'm 99.999999% sure he wouldn't be the GM. 

3. Mike McCarthy's iso routes finished 4th in the NFL in points scored last year despite something called a Copper Rush starting 5 games at QB. 

If you're going to be a coach killer, you need to have playoff success and Rodgers hasn't. 

• Like 3

Maybe cos I'm older but Rodgers leaving and how he has been the last few years is way worse to me than Favre's departure.

Favre only pissed me off when he signed for the Vikes. Up till that point I always felt Favre was 100% for the team.

The build up to MM leaving and ever since that it has felt to me that Rodgers has placed himself above the team, the comments he makes, his attitude overall, and now he is at the Jets he is giving himself fully to them in the way that I wished he had given himself to the Packers in his final few years.

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Maybe cos I'm older but Rodgers leaving and how he has been the last few years is way worse to me than Favre's departure.

Favre only pissed me off when he signed for the Vikes. Up till that point I always felt Favre was 100% for the team.

More like 100% screwing with the Packers organization and fan base with his annual Favre Watch “will be or won’t he come back?” BS which was completely intentional.  He was ******* with all our heads on purpose in a way Rodgers never did. MM and Ted flew to Mississippi before the Draft to find out his intentions and he said he was done for good. Then in July he changed his mind and made a spectacle of himself. 

Rodgers’ bullish!+ on Draft night a few years ago when he drew all the attention to himself all while throwing the FO under the bus on a night where everyone was watching was BS too.  That’s when I wanted him traded.  

Rodgers def had his annoying crap the last few years but Favre pulled **** every year for multiple years.  

6 hours ago, vegas492 said:

To be fair, I believe the Bills had either the first or second highest scoring offense in the NFL.

And that Jets defense held them way below their average on the year.

The Jets defense is that good.

This isn't about how Rodgers is going to do against that murderer's row of QB's.  The defense will play those guys.  All Aaron has to do is not lose games, if that defense plays like they did in 2022.

Right now, we got the better end of the deal with the Jets.  But he very well could be that kind of QB that takes them to the big game while riding that defense.  

I'm neither pro or anti Aaron.  Just pointing out what I see to be facts here.  From looking at the division and it's offenses, the Jets have a very, very legit defense.

The Jets were without a doubt a top 5 defense last year (#5 in DVOA). No denying that. They just didn't play the Dolphins at their best. 

*If* they can hold their division rivals and produce slightly more on the offensive side than they did last year, then they've got a good path to taking the AFC East. But they'll need to run absolutely pure with regards to injuries again (they had 8.6 adjusted games lost vs. the next lowest in JAX at 19.9 AGL). That's highly unlikely to occur two seasons in a row. 

And that's also assuming they don't regress in their performance (going from #32 to #5 DVOA is a near unprecedented jump). It'll be interesting to say the least. Especially since they get Allen, Prescott, Mahomes, Wilson, Hurts, and Jones all before November.

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Oh boy. You sure have missed out on a TON of stuff that Favre did in his final years if that's all that annoyed you. I think you have a 'recency bias' with Rodgers - and kind of forget just how much cr*p Favre pulled.

Also, I think some of that "100% for the team", was Favre never sitting out when injured, but the more I hear about that, the more that seems rooted in his insecurity (however illogical that was). The guy was very exciting (and sometimes very frustrating) as a player, but judging by all the stuff that came out, a rather poor human being. The signs were there early, when we heard about him having his own changing room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Oh boy. You sure have missed out on a TON of stuff that Favre did in his final years if that's all that annoyed you. I think you have a 'recency bias' with Rodgers - and kind of forget just how much cr*p Favre pulled.

Also, I think some of that "100% for the team", was Favre never sitting out when injured, but the more I hear about that, the more that seems rooted in his insecurity (however illogical that was). The guy was very exciting (and sometimes very frustrating) as a player, but judging by all the stuff that came out, a rather poor human being. The signs were there early, when we heard about him having his own changing room.

Again this is all based on very little, but if I was a player Favre seemed like a fun guy and someone who gave it all and inspired me to give my all. Rodgers comes across much more cerebral and if I'm in his crew all is good but if not he makes it known but in a  snide, passive aggressive way. That's how I feel his attitude has been towards coaches and FO.  

Rodgers in his interviews now with the Jets, no talk of retirement or going at it a year at a time. He wants to be a Jet for a few years, give them cap flexibility, hang out with the young guys, play in the preseason blah blah blah. He is sticking to the Packers and FO again in a passive aggressive way.

Maybe there was more media coverage now than when Favre left but this departure gets under my skin far more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Again this is all based on very little, but if I was a player Favre seemed like a fun guy and someone who gave it all and inspired me to give my all. Rodgers comes across much more cerebral and if I'm in his crew all is good but if not he makes it known but in a  snide, passive aggressive way. That's how I feel his attitude has been towards coaches and FO.  

Rodgers in his interviews now with the Jets, no talk of retirement or going at it a year at a time. He wants to be a Jet for a few years, give them cap flexibility, hang out with the young guys, play in the preseason blah blah blah. He is sticking to the Packers and FO again in a passive aggressive way.

Maybe there was more media coverage now than when Favre left but this departure gets under my skin far more.

I think you are correct about Rodgers; the flip side of his cerebral cool is the cerebral cruel, marked by the debris field of wrecked relationships in his wake. He is Homelander with a 12 on his back, balancing the need for affection and worship with the need for revenge and control.

The only weapon we have that stings him is to not care. In that I fail because I do care enough to be curious about how he navigates this ongoing charm offensive, a predictable tactic employed by a narcissist grooming a new victim.

I probably could pick up the Shield of Indifference, but the Curse of 65% of Snaps has me glued. 

Edited by Uffdaswede

Week 5, Jets beat the hell out of the Broncos. Rodges, in his postgame interview, "that was one of the worst coached teams I've ever played against! I feel for those guys because they have a lot of talent on that team!" 

He will do it with a little smirk on his face, but Aaron Rodgers will not be able to resist. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Week 5, Jets beat the hell out of the Broncos. Rodges, in his postgame interview, "that was one of the worst coached teams I've ever played against! I feel for those guys because they have a lot of talent on that team!" 

He will do it with a little smirk on his face, but Aaron Rodgers will not be able to resist. 

I’d get a chuckle out of it. 

Sean Payton is a coach that gets so much respect and I just don’t get why . 

3 straight 7-9 seasons during Brees’ prime 

People talk about our playoff woes, what about NO at the end ? From 2017 to 2020 they lost to Minnesota twice ! Talk about a let down !

On 8/1/2023 at 5:01 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Even if you're correct, and you're provably not, that has nothing to do with the conversation we were having or the interview we were referencing. 

2. Ted Thompson is dead, so I'm 99.999999% sure he wouldn't be the GM. 

3. Mike McCarthy's iso routes finished 4th in the NFL in points scored last year despite something called a Copper Rush starting 5 games at QB. 

If you're going to be a coach killer, you need to have playoff success and Rodgers hasn't. 

I know I'am correct, what GM would neglect WR for basically 8 drafts, unless you consider the 3 very raw mid rounders in 2018 and Amari Rodgers 3 years ago as fortifying the position, we spent most of the 1st and 2nd rounders on defense, and those are the rounds ya tend to find starter and walk on talent.

Rodgers complained because we needed wr talent, obviously, and the last 2 drafts proves it, Guty did almost nothing until he couldn't resign Adams.

they relied on those two to carry this offense for years and years, everyone knows this, it's not some state secret, that worked well against most competition, but we always seemed a player short when it came to the play offs.