Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Much like GB last season, I can't imagine the Jets sitting Rodgers until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  Without an injury, that isn't happening until Rodgers has played 65% of the snaps.

1-10 could actually suck in this scenario. 

My hope is they start off terrible, which is not out of the realm of possibility. Get a bit of a winning streak and then just tank. 

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For the sake of argument, let's say they Jets start the season something like 2-8 and sit Rodgers the rest of the way to avoid the sending GB the FRP.  I am not at all sure how that helps the GM or Salah keep their jobs.

If they start 2-8, they can both pack their bags anyway. 

I'll combine a slow start with the idea of sending Bak to them. Maybe they start 2-5 and need a LT. We could solidify the FRP in this trade regardless of how much Rodgers plays. Then they can loss out as far as I'm concerned. 

Disclaimer, no idea when the trade deadline is, as it may be sooner than week 7. 

EDIT: I looked it up and the trade deadline is at 4:00 EST on Halloween. Which is week 8. The Jets bye week is week 7. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Much like GB last season, I can't imagine the Jets sitting Rodgers until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  Without an injury, that isn't happening until Rodgers has played 65% of the snaps.

They're not going to sit Rodgers at all unless he goes to IR.  Even if they have a lackluster season, the fans are going to want to see him play.  He's just as much of a draw financially to the organization as he is an upgrade at QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

They're not going to sit Rodgers at all unless he goes to IR.  Even if they have a lackluster season, the fans are going to want to see him play.  He's just as much of a draw financially to the organization as he is an upgrade at QB.

It's New York. If he struggles the fans will turn on him real quick.

31 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I think both can be true. The fans can turn on him while he continues to bring in massive amounts of revenue for the organization. 

36 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

It doesn't matter.  The Knicks have been a mess for decades and they still pack MSG.  

Rodgers might be the best QB the Jets have had since maybe Ken O'Brien lol.  Jets fans going to want to see this team whether they struggle or not..

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't care who you are, this is a great clip, from Hard Knocks.  Hint:  A mentalist does his best Kerby Joseph impersonation on Rodgers.

What if he would have picked a giraffe though? Classic! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I don't care who you are, this is a great clip, from Hard Knocks.  Hint:  A mentalist does his best Kerby Joseph impersonation on Rodgers.

I love this because Rodgers is probably going to be thinking about it all season. He's going to throw a pick 6 because he's still thinking about the mentalist that got inside his head. It might drive him crazy. 

Also how disappointed was he when they said the "Oz" that was coming was not Dr. Oz? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

What if he would have picked a giraffe though? Classic! 

I was having a ****ty day yesterday and watching that at work in the afternoon and that line had me bust out laughing lol

• Like 3

On 8/16/2023 at 11:48 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

Come get Bak!  The way the Packers have been treating him of late it's almost like they are keeping him in bubble wrap while getting ready to ship him off.  I'm guessing he stays a Packer, but with others showing themselves capable of holding down LT it makes me wonder.

Would the Packers trade him? Not sure what it would cost, but sounds like a pipedream for Jets fans

13 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Would the Packers trade him? Not sure what it would cost, but sounds like a pipedream for Jets fans

Might not be available right now. It is possible he's available at the trade deadline. Here is the asking price after we finalize the Rodgers trade which would be required before you can trade either your 1st or 2nd to anybody.

Finalize the Rodgers trade it becomes a 1st automatically in 2024. For Bak, we want a 2nd in 24 and a 2nd in 25. Also, as a FU back to Rodgers you absorb 10 million of his cap hit. 

Edited by Old Guy

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Might not be available right now. It is possible he's available at the trade deadline. Here is the asking price after we finalize the Rodgers trade which would be required before you can trade either your 1st or 2nd to anybody.

Finalize the Rodgers trade it becomes a 1st automatically in 2024. For Bak, we want a 2nd in 24 and a 2nd in 25. Also, as a FU back to Rodgers you absorb 10 million of his cap hit. 

I'd demand the 2025 FRP. Draft picks a year in the future are valued 1 round less. So a 2024 SRP and 2025 FRP would be equivalent of 2 2nds for a top 5 LT on a discounted contract. That's a fair market rate.

• Like 1

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

I'd demand the 2025 FRP. Draft picks a year in the future are valued 1 round less. So a 2024 SRP and 2025 FRP would be equivalent of 2 2nds for a top 5 LT on a discounted contract. That's a fair market rate.

I'm also making them give us 10 million of his SB back to soften our cap hit in 2024. I think that is very fair for a LT who might play 3-4 more years without issue but could be done in a week also.