The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-button-2k-166

The game people have been waiting years for. This is the followup to 2017's Breath of the Wild, which is rated as one of the top games ever made.

There are new powers Link has access to: Ascend, recall, ultrahand, and fuse. Plus, the map is going to have lots of new things to explore.

You can find out about some of that stuff here: https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/New_Features_and_Differences

Anyone excited for this game? It comes out May 12, 2023.

So pumped for this. BOTW is my favorite open-world game because of how open it is. A lot of other open world games might be more detailed but you're often more restricted in what you can do and how/when you do it. 

46 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Does every weapon still break after 3 enemies? 

From what I understand weapon breaking is still there.... I don't know the severity. I don't understand why they kept that... Its not fun, it doesn't really add anything outside of annoyance, and it makes collecting new weapons unexciting since you know there just going to break after a few swings...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

From what I understand weapon breaking is still there.... I don't know the severity. I don't understand why they kept that... Its not fun, it doesn't really add anything outside of annoyance, and it makes collecting new weapons unexciting since you know there just going to break after a few swings...

You should be able to fortify or level them up so they don’t break. If a tough enemy or a cool NPC drops/gives you a cool sword you should be able to keep it the rest of the game. 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I don't understand why they kept that... Its not fun, it doesn't really add anything outside of annoyance, and it makes collecting new weapons unexciting since you know there just going to break after a few swings...

Because Nintendo doesnt really like their fans and dont care what they want.

I'm not even saying that out of frustration.   Its literally the truth.

Nintendo, even though they put out quality stuff, has never been pro-fan.    There is a reason they constantly go after fans who stream their content and sue them, even when it falls under fair use.

In fairness, however, I know alot of people who dont mind the weapons constantly breaking, and the game is still going to be very good and sell incredibly well.    

But even if every single Zelda fan hated it and signed a petition to have it removed, Nintendo would laugh and keep it anyway.

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

Because Nintendo doesnt really like their fans and dont care what they want.

I'm not even saying that out of frustration.   Its literally the truth.

Nintendo, even though they put out quality stuff, has never been pro-fan.    There is a reason they constantly go after fans who stream their content and sue them, even when it falls under fair use.

In fairness, however, I know alot of people who dont mind the weapons constantly breaking, and the game is still going to be very good and sell incredibly well.    

But even if every single Zelda fan hated it and signed a petition to have it removed, Nintendo would laugh and keep it anyway.

The best thing I heard was someone said "Nintendo is like that grandma you have who bakes you the best chocolate chip cookies but she is also a huge racist"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, showtime said:

i have no problem with weapons breaking over time. If you have a problem with that, this probably won't be a game you'll enjoy because it's still going to happen.

I enjoyed BotW, and I dont mind weapons breaking....but its absolutely annoying how often it happens.   So disengaging from gameplay having to constantly change weapons.

The weapons breaking is part of the game. You're supposed to experiment and try new weapons. You're supposed to have your weapons break and then feel that bit of panic as you scramble to use your surroundings to survive. It's a key part of the gameplay loop and considering that every enemy drops stuff you should never really find yourself without a weapon - it just might not be the one that you want. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lions017 said:

The weapons breaking is part of the game. You're supposed to experiment and try new weapons. You're supposed to have your weapons break and then feel that bit of panic as you scramble to use your surroundings to survive. It's a key part of the gameplay loop and considering that every enemy drops stuff you should never really find yourself without a weapon - it just might not be the one that you want. 

I think everyone gets its "part of the game".   

I just think it takes away from the game more than it adds.    

I wouldnt mind weak weapons breaking easily, but supposedly strong weapons?   

Anyway, I am not knocking on anyone who doesnt mind it.   Alot of people dont.   Just a matter if preference, and something that ultimately affected my personal enjoyment in a negative way.

• Like 1