The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

So I’m just doing what I did in BOTW- Exploring and activating the Sky Towers to open up the map. Trying to make it easier to move around on the map.

Also, I just realized that the best way to get up to the sky area is to reverse time pieces of land that fall out of the sky. I was just kind of goofing around with that mechanic and accidentally stumbled across it.

Do you have to register horses first to keep them?  I jumped on one in the wild then ended up fast traveling later and now he won't come back when I whistle.  I've been traveling on foot and it's taking forever.

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Do you have to register horses first to keep them?  I jumped on one in the wild then ended up fast traveling later and now he won't come back when I whistle.  I've been traveling on foot and it's taking forever.

Yes.

If you’re good at combat and dodging hits, I strongly recommend boosting your stamina instead of health.

It’s very difficult moving around without high stamina.

Try to get a horse whenever you can. Also, try to glide whenever you can as well.

On 5/15/2023 at 2:52 PM, candyman93 said:

If you’re good at combat and dodging hits, I strongly recommend boosting your stamina instead of health.

It’s very difficult moving around without high stamina.

Try to get a horse whenever you can. Also, try to glide whenever you can as well.

I wonder if you need a certain amount of hearts to get the Master Sword like BOTW

On 5/15/2023 at 5:11 PM, candyman93 said:

Does anybody know what star fragments are used for? I’ve been extremely lucky and found 3 so far. 

You can actually catch them in the air unlike in BOTW.

Me neither, I had like 3 of them but was scared to use it for an elixir and it turns out to be nothing 

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Damn being a father, having a job, and also trying to find time to be healthy. I need more time for this game! I always lose so much time just wandering and exploring so I've gotten nothing done. 

This game is tough for just starting. Here’s what I’ve accomplished and I’ve been playing since it came out-

1. Activated all the sky towers so I have a map visual and can glide to several places. You really have to “reduce the map size” if that makes sense. When you activate a tower, remember to scout the scenery and use Purrahs scanner to mark places of interest.

2. I’ve done as many shrines as I can along the way. I have a full extra stamina bar now. My hearts are crap though because stamina is what I primarily focused on. So because of my low health I’ve been 1 shot killed like crazy.

3. Just finished wind dungeon today. That was a pain in the butt. See that giant storm in the sky? You have to make it all the way to the top of that storm and THEN you do the wind dungeon. It’s awful trying to get there and you will be frustrated, just remember to save before you make a risky move. Also, get cold weather protection armor from the village store.

I am getting my butt kicked in combat. It’s been a long time since I played BOTW and I forgot the combat mechanics.

Gather resources whenever you see them. Worst comes to worst you can always sell what you don’t want.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I wonder if you need a certain amount of hearts to get the Master Sword like BOTW

Me neither, I had like 3 of them but was scared to use it for an elixir and it turns out to be nothing 

So I looked it up. Star fragments are used to upgrade armor.

So they’re pretty much useless if you’re just starting.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Reportedly this sold more than 10 million units in 3 days. For comparison the Hogwarts game that came out recently has sold 12 million units in its entire run.

Damn that's insane. You got a link?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Damn that's insane. You got a link?

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230517005400/en/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Sells-Over-10-Million-Worldwide-in-First-Three-Days-Becoming-the-Fastest-selling-Game-in-Series 

In the three days since its launch on May 12, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom game for the Nintendo Switch system sold over 10 million units worldwide, becoming the fastest-selling game in the history of the Legend of Zelda series. With over 4 million sold in the Americas, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is also the fastest-selling Nintendo Switch game and the fastest-selling Nintendo game for any system in that territory. 

• Like 1