2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

2 minutes ago, craig said:

When your pipeline is Patrick Taylor, Dexter Hill, and Kylin Hill, and Lew Ford, I'm not sure we've got a pipeline flowing!  Yes there are 3rd-day backs who do well, as we know from Jones and Starks.  But Alex Green and his friends tell me that a lot of RB's miss.  Best wishes to Ford, I hope he's a fun surprise.  And I admit I'm kinda optimistic for Goodson.  But I'm not that confident that our current next-man-up pipeline is very well equipped. 

Guessing you mean Nichols not Ford. 

Not sure why anyone would put an ounce of thought into who the 2024 RB's will be. As you have noted, veterans are cheap and draft picks can play from day one. If Jones doesn't fall off the cliff, he will gladly take a huge pay cut to stay next year and if they want to keep Dillon, he will be fairly cheap also. There should be zero angst about the future of the RB room.

44 minutes ago, craig said:

When your pipeline is Patrick Taylor, Dexter Hill, and Kylin Hill, and Lew Ford, I'm not sure we've got a pipeline flowing!  Yes there are 3rd-day backs who do well, as we know from Jones and Starks.  But Alex Green and his friends tell me that a lot of RB's miss.  Best wishes to Ford, I hope he's a fun surprise.  And I admit I'm kinda optimistic for Goodson.  But I'm not that confident that our current next-man-up pipeline is very well equipped. 

We don’t have an adequate pipeline and also an expensive vet. For me, that is a miss by the front office. Jones will provide great leadership on a young offense, is about as good of a lockeroom guy as you could ask and can flat out play so I’m happy for the guy. He is a cut above most backs when you include his receiving ability. I think a great way to exploit the RB market is get guys who can also really help in the pass game, catching, blocking and protecting. It’s cold but no need to overpay any back and that’s not new even though people are finally speaking up on the pay discrepancy. 

The other side of the coin, we also need a pipeline of talent at receiver. So far we have been doing that but with the money those guys are getting, you’ll have to let some go and hopefully pick the best one to give that market rate contract to. 

Edited by Refugee

4 hours ago, craig said:

It's too early in the offseason to be having this discussion.  We're talking about RB3...

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's too early in the offseason to be having this discussion.  We're talking about RB3...

RB3 can pretty quickly become RB2 or RB1.  I hope someone steps up to show they can fill in when needed or we grab someone from another squad. I think  it’s a deeper conversation about roster building which is relevant. 

14 hours ago, craig said:

Well when you consider that our best ever modern RB3 was in fact an UDFA out of Notre Dame named Tony Fisher, you can either conclude that our Pipeline was never well equipped, or the likes of Tony Fisher are truly the best that can be done from that angle(Ryan Grant I believe was a waiver acquisition?).

31 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Well when you consider that our best ever modern RB3 was in fact an UDFA out of Notre Dame named Tony Fisher, you can either conclude that our Pipeline was never well equipped, or the likes of Tony Fisher are truly the best that can be done from that angle(Ryan Grant I believe was a waiver acquisition?).

Samkon gado was so fun to cheer for though

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

Ryan Grant was a trade with the Giants during or after preseason.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

Hopefully being in shape will help him stay on his feet this year. 

F2DTfB5aEAATgiw?format=jpg&name=small

He's a guy I have picked for a massive year two leap. He's got talent, and now it seems he understands the condition he has to be in to play at this level. 

Now stay off the PEDs and we'll see some real progress in 2023. 

• Like 1