2023 Las Vegas Raiders schedule discussion thread

Totty

On 5/20/2023 at 12:02 PM, Dessie said:

Yup agreed, weak mentality thinking like that imo. 

I fail to see how hoping Crosby and the pass rush TKO Mahomes is a weak mentality.  
Mahomes getting TKO’d doesn’t make us a better team, it doesn’t help us in but 2 games a year.  Clearly our main objective is to get better.  Buy along the way if Mahomes gets taken out, yeah I won’t cry a tear.  It’s the same old school mentality that the Raiders from that 70s and 80s have.

did Jack Tatum cry about taking out Stingley?  Not at all, he wrote a book about it.  For me that’s too far, I’m not saying paralyze anyone.  But if Crosby and Wilson sack Mahomes so hard he walks with a small limp after… yeah I’ll cheeR.  F Mahomes!

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I fail to see how hoping Crosby and the pass rush TKO Mahomes is a weak mentality.  
Mahomes getting TKO’d doesn’t make us a better team, it doesn’t help us in but 2 games a year.  Clearly our main objective is to get better.  Buy along the way if Mahomes gets taken out, yeah I won’t cry a tear.  It’s the same old school mentality that the Raiders from that 70s and 80s have.

did Jack Tatum cry about taking out Stingley?  Not at all, he wrote a book about it.  For me that’s too far, I’m not saying paralyze anyone.  But if Crosby and Wilson sack Mahomes so hard he walks with a small limp after… yeah I’ll cheeR.  F Mahomes!

Nowhere in your original post did you mention Crosby or our pass rush. You just ranted about wanting Mahomes ‘Theismanned’. That’s a weak mentality imo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Then don’t comment if you care less… yet you constantly reply… I’m fact you can’t keep yourself from replying…clearly I live in your head rent free… as you say.

I think BP was pointing out your grammatical error lol. 

• Like 3

On 5/22/2023 at 10:16 AM, Dessie said:

I think BP was pointing out your grammatical error lol. 

Ok, that’s much better. SMH, since when are ANY of us English teachers? I’m the flippin poster who mentioned it first, and I’m not backing off my statement. Now, I just said crushed in a Crosby/Wilson sandwich, not career ending. Would I care if it did? Not one single bit, and I don’t care how “generational” he is. It’s a game, yes. A game where injuries occur. Would I rather we beat them down straight up? Sure. But let’s be real, their classless fan base wouldn’t give 2 sh*ts if one of our stars was erased forever? Nope, they hate the raiders with a passion. As does every other fan base in the afc west. And I’ve lived in all 3 other markets so I’m not just making stuff up. Y’all take the high road, that’s fine. It’s more than that bp has issue with JK and RonJon and vice versa. Hence the “loser” comment and the snide grammatical correction. The end. 👍🍻

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Ok, that’s much better. SMH, since when are ANY of us English teachers?

*raises hand*

...also, you missed a comma.  Don't forget to double space after a period.  Also don't use profanity.  It's not used in formal writing, and it's against our forum rules too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

Lmao! I had a feeling there might be one on here....you’re the official grammar man now bro! 👍🍻

Technically I'm teaching math this year.  But I had to take over 2 periods of ELA for a teacher that bounced halfway through the year so that kind of counts. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

*raises hand*

...also, you missed a comma.  Don't forget to double space after a period.  Also don't use profanity.  It's not used in formal writing, and it's against our forum rules too. 

Wait... for real? I remember my English teacher teaching this and I typed that way for years, only to drop it to one space when someone commented on it in a work email. Then I convinced myself I made remembered it wrong from English class. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 11:15 AM, Dessie said:

Nowhere in your original post did you mention Crosby or our pass rush. You just ranted about wanting Mahomes ‘Theismanned’. That’s a weak mentality imo. 

Well… who is going to “Theisman” Mahomes?  

your right I didn’t say Crosby but I kinda of felt like it was implied.  
it’s not a “Theisman” if he’s in a bad car accident or something else.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion… but I want to take out the opposing QB on every snap.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Now, I just said crushed in a Crosby/Wilson sandwich, not career ending. Would I care if it did? Not one single bit, and I don’t care how “generational” he is. It’s a game, yes. A game where injuries occur. Would I rather we beat them down straight up? Sure. But let’s be real, their classless fan base wouldn’t give 2 sh*ts if one of our stars was erased forever? Nope, they hate the raiders with a passion. As does every other fan base in the afc west. And I’ve lived in all 3 other markets so I’m not just making stuff up. Y’all take the high road, that’s fine. It’s more than that bp has issue with JK and RonJon and vice versa. Hence the “loser” comment and the snide grammatical correction. The end. 👍🍻

That’s exactly how I feel.  Summed my thoughts up 100%.