2023 Las Vegas Raiders schedule discussion thread

Totty

If the defense can improve, I think we can get to 10 wins. I think 8-9 is more realistic though. Overall, I think it’s going to come down to the staff, if they are who we need them to be they need to be able to coach a team up. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

If the defense can improve, I think we can get to 10 wins. I think 8-9 is more realistic though. Overall, I think it’s going to come down to the staff, if they are who we need them to be they need to be able to coach a team up. 

I hate going to Buff week 2. Makes at Den week 1 that much more important. 
Starting 0-2 would be tough. 

4 straight AFC games to start the season, 3 on road (although LA basically home), considering we will be battling for a wild card, the first 4 weeks will be very important for tiebreakers. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I hate going to Buff week 2. Makes at Den week 1 that much more important. 
Starting 0-2 would be tough. 

4 straight AFC games to start the season, 3 on road (although LA basically home), considering we will be battling for a wild card, the first 4 weeks will be very important for tiebreakers. 

Hopefully McD plays some starters some so they don’t get off to a slow start. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

One home game on a Sunday afternoon in the first 10 weeks of the season is wild.

Yeah, man. They really got the Giants with this one lol. To the other person's point about the latter half being mostly at home, yes, but you can't ignore this bc I'm not sure how the NFL schedulers got away with this. 

• Like 1

Hard to do the wins/loss thing imo with so much unknown. If Jimmy plays really well this is a offense that could lead you to 7-8 wins and then you just need to win 2 games that you’re not suppose to win. If he doesn’t play well then we still win cause it’s #TankForCaleb

• Like 1

I don't get the forgone conclusion with some that Jimmy G will sustain an injury. None of his injuries have been reoccurring. They've been more bad luck, freak injury variety. Last season it was a fluke where a players knee came down on his foot. Before that, his thumb was hit awkwardly. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't get the forgone conclusion with some that Jimmy G will sustain an injury. None of his injuries have been reoccurring. They've been more bad luck, freak injury variety. Last season it was a fluke where a players knee came down on his foot. Before that, his thumb was hit awkwardly. 

So you're saying he's made of glass?

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Probably the fact that he's played a full season 1 out of the last 5 in SF.  So that's an 80% chance he will miss time.  

• Like 1